• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Massachusetts registration & insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage iron

just an update.
1. Hagerty insurance will only insure 1984 and earlier M939 series trucks now, they require the truck be stored inside, NO off-road use and no camping in it! if you want to insure it as an antique.
2. the Ma. RMV is going to try to get you to attach an assigned VIN plate to your truck if it is after 1981. If your truck is 25 yrs old. but later than 1981. Tell them it is a Antique military truck and you want to keep it original. they will put your truck in as a 1981, then call the help line and have it changed back to the proper year. A few of my friends and I have done this.

Yukna

So here is the question of the day, Recommendations for registering and insuring an 91 M923A1? (other than throwing on some national guard bumper numbers) haha I have my CDL-A with everything but hazmat endorsments. OH BTW after reading some of this I am the first to go through the new Military drivers civillian CDL Waiver program.. I obtained my CDL through my military drivers license just had to take the written exam, no driving tests. Just an FYI for those of you that are still in or recently separated.

Yukna

dependable

If you plan on using it for work at all, the easiest thing to do is to register it commercial. I know, that's real dollars, but if you have a little paying work for it you can earn price of paperwork and write off expenses on you taxes if you file a schedule C. Someone else may know about RV conversion or historic plate options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks