• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Massive oil leak....

swhpaz

Developed a massive oil leak today while driving my duece around town. Started by losing oil pressure high and low. The gauge showed I had oil pressure, but the upper and lower limits kept getting lower and lower even though the pump was still making pressure. I could smell oil in the air, so I stopped and found I was losing a lot of out out of the front of the motor, and found the oil wasn't even showing on the dip stick when I checked it.

I'll need to pressure wash the front of the motor to see where its leaking from, but can anyone suggest where, or what it maybe? The leak is really low on the motor in the very front, the front of the oil pan is really wet. Pully's and belts are dry, but its thrown oil on the engine side of the generator. I added oil to it while it was not running and it instantly started dripping off the front of the oil pan up by the gasket seal. I couldn't tell do to old oil being thrown around if that was the actual leak though...

Its a White Multi fuel engine with less than 13,000 on the odometer, not that it means anything... Temps and performance stayed good. But it did get pretty close to pumping all the oil out.

Anyone with ideas???

Thanks!!!

Chris....

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the oil lines going from the block to the ip. I lost 1 and had oil everywhere from the front to rear bumper.

swhpaz

Oil Leak...

I will check the lines. But bare with me here, I'm a weekend mechanic and not really good with the terms used. IP??? I get the lines from the block, but I don't know what the IP is and where it is in relationship to things like the fuel pump, compressor, generator, etc...

With the pully's and belts being all up front, is there still room for oil lines to run across the front of the motor???

Thanks for the info, at least its a place to start!!!!

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IP is Injector pump. There is an oil line between it and the block, it is a pita to get to. Look up at it from the underside driver side and you will get a better view. Your best friend is going to be the manuals, its alot of info to sort through.

DieselBob

Looking up from below the injector pump there are 2 oil feed lines indicated with the red arrows in the first picture. The line indicated on the right side of picture 1 is the feed from the engine and is connected to the block at the point indicated by the red arrow in picture 2. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Motorcar

DieselBob, what's wrong with your motor in the photos?! It's too clean...that can't be right, please explain how GL damaged it this way and what the result was of your claim.

DieselBob

DieselBob, what's wrong with your motor in the photos?! It's too clean...that can't be right, please explain how GL damaged it this way and what the result was of your claim.
:) I had a couple very slight seeps when I got the truck. The front valve cover gasket and the draft tube adapter on top of the valve covers seeped also. I replaced the gaskets for those but I need to replace that short fuel hose in the picture because it seeps ever so slightly. I have a feeling that the engine didn't have a lot of running on it after it was replaced. The thing that makes me nervous is it is a 92 rebuild and they seem to have a bad habit of leaking a huge amount of oil out of the hole that one of the rods makes in the side of the block. :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks