• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master cyl, dual vs. single

randyscycle

Like Gimp mentioned above, I'd keep it simple and go with a later model truck M/C and a hydroboost. Seems fabbing up a powersteering pump to power the hydro system would be a lot less components than the dual system with dual airpacks and a mess of lines that they used on the A3's and not only that, then parts would be a lot more readily available too.

I just see a few extra lines, a proportioning valve and the hydraulic lines and pump.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the 87 on up M35A2C's have the provision for the PTO engagment handle. The handle attaches via the bolt/nut thats pictured on page F-17 of the TM I listed previously. (The ghosted out flat bar in that digram is the handle.)

JTugwell

has anybody ever tried to deploy the parking brake as a last ditch effort during a brake failure? i was driving home one night on a road by myself, and easily pulled it up just to see what what happen. the roads were a little wet, but it locked up the rears with little effort. now i know the wet roads played a major part, but i was just curious. what if???? sorry to get off topic. ive just wanted to know, and i though this would be a good place to ask without disturbing the peace to bad. thanks.

Rattlewagon

Yes the later model M35A2C's do have the split brake system. More specifically the '87 and '88's have them. My particular truck's dual MC has provisions for the PTO engagement handle attachment.

Mike, couldn't talk you into taking a few pictures of the system under your truck could I? :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks