• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master cylinder cap

MrArmyAnt

There is a brass elbow on mine that has nothing connected to it and the other deuces at the lot did. what was that line for? We got the breaks working at the lot, drove it home, drove it around some trails and parked it. The next day pedal to the floor no brakes.

Also there appears to be a massive metal line just over the break line for the front on the passenger side of the frame that went up into the engine bay of another deuce, and mines cut and crimped. I don't have a horn, is that what its for? **** did it even come with a horn?

91W350

The small line is a vent line, it is routed to a Tee that is the differential vents on a cross member, then up on the firewall.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To check the master cyl. try and pull down the rubber boot and don't be right under it. If there is brake fluid in there it is bad.
The line for the horn runs from the drivers side up the firewall to the compressor Gov. then over passenger side top firewall down by airfilter then to the horns. The vent line for the MC crossed over the frame rail and connected to the vent line for the fuel tank. From there went to the slobber tube. The upgrade mod was to seperat that line from the fuel tank vent line and they ran it up the firewall put a U in it and caped it with a vent like the axles have. Some have just the axle vent type put in the cap of the MC.
The only large line that I rember on the passenger side inside frame rail is the fuel line that runs forward or the air line that crosses over right around there but goes to the rear Emg. air fitting.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks