• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master Cylinder Cross reference Number?

renovate7

First, I'm assuming a DUKW and CCKW use the same master cylinder...Does anyone have a NAPA number for a master cylinder?
I'm afraid I'm going to need one and would like to get a "new" one rather than what could be a very old NOS unit.

renovate7

Sam Winer Motors had a new Korean one for $78 on ebay. Already installed and working. I think Korean products, now, are good stuff. The old MC is a Wagner FE777. They show up for sale various places on the net for over $200.

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was the Sam Winer Motors master cylinder a plug and play or were there some modifications required?

renovate7

Identical to the FE777. Had the old ms cyl and bracket out and the new one installed and back in the DUKW in about an hour. Took another half hour using a power bleeder to bleed the whole system. I now have a brake pedal, haven't had one since I got this. Be on the road, and in the water, soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks