• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master Cylinder Leak

tgtaylor64

Why does my M1009 master cylinder almost always have a small drop of brake fluid on the outside bottom? I had this issue with the old one and replaced it and still have the problem. Nothing seems to be coming from the rear where it bolts up; besides, if it did, it would have to run uphill due to the slight angle.

cucvrus

I think the power brake booster is the problem. I had this on a truck for a few years and replaced the warranted master cylinder several times because of the same issue leaking brake fluid. It turned out after I changed the booster the problem went away. And it was DOT 5 fluid that was leaking. Also make sure that is what you are seeing leaking. I am guessing brake booster. It worked for me twice. I hope that helps you out. Others may not agree but it is my guess from afar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks