• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master cylinder swap help - banjo fitting size

Stringer

Good Day:

hoping for for some help on something. And yes I've diligently searched the web and all forum archives......

My M135 had a catastrophic brake failure. All signs pointed to master cylinder blow by. Anyway, I purchased a Raybestos MC1251. The install was going perfectly up until I was making the outlet connection. The banjo bolt which came off the old one will not thread in. According to Raybestos, the thread is 1/2 x 20. Has anybody had similar experience?

Oh yeah, my first ever post. A little about myself. I live and work in Yelowknife. I am a career Firefighter/paramedic. Prior to that, I worked as a journeyman parts technician.

Thanks in advance,

jamie stringer
Yellowknife, Nt Canada

jdmcm

Interested to find out what's up as I am about to undertake a master cylinder swap on my M211 soon

John

Stringer

I went ahead and ordered a bolt this evening based on the specs of the jobber part (Raybestos MC1251). Should do the trick but will still leave me wondering. The actual removal and replacement was very straight forward, until of course I got to making the final connection of the outlet to the steel line.

Stringer

Well this is embarrassing...... Was telling my father of my dilemma. "You obviously tried a thread chaser to make sure the threads were good?"

After I swallowed my pride and chased the threads in the rebuilt part, lo and behold the outlet fitting threads in very easily. Oops. Thanks dad.