• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

master cylinder vent / reservior

Patgonia53

my M35a2 has a master cylinder with vent line going to the axle tubes... can I discinnect this and attach the vent line 90 degree connector to a brake fluid reservior in the engine compartment?? Do you REALLY need the vent line.... Some master cylinders come without a hookup for vent lines !!!

turbovr6jetta

Well I'm pretty new to MVing but on a master cylinder a vent is absolutely required. But if you hook up a remote reservoir there should be a vent on the cap. But make sure you plug the old vent line. Just in case you ever decide to ford a river. You don't want to fill your vent system with water. But like I say it is just how things are in my mind and maybe the logical way doesn't work in an MV. Wouldn't be the first thing

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Search the deuce forum. There are threads on installing a remote reservoir. The OEM set up is: the fuel tank vents into the slobber tube and the master cylinder vents into the vent line between the fuel tank and slobber tube. Most people change this. It is on my list. I would like to be absolutely sure the diesel couldn't reach the master cylinder no matter how improbable.

The MC is vented into the same line as the vent lines for the axle? That's odd.

turbovr6jetta

I don't know a whole lot but if the axles are tied in its probably part of the fording package. Even if that isn't the way these trucks were setup from the military someone could of done it that way to do some fording.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks