• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Materials for HMMWV M998?

foxtrot

Hi,
I am interested in this radio set, however I cannot identify the model of the power supply and amplifier on the photo, can you help me?
The seller is not cooperative.
I want to install the radio in my M998.
I have TM 11-5820-498-12 on hand.
My question is what radio configuration is possible with this hardware?
I have an MX-6707/VRC antenna
In the future I would like to add radio/intercom equipment.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi,
I am interested in this radio set, however I cannot identify the power supply and amplifier model on the photo, can you help me?
The seller is not cooperative.
I want to install the radio in my M998.
I have TM 11-5820-498-12 on hand.
My question is what radio configuration is possible with this hardware?
I have an MX-6707/VRC antenna
In the future I would like to add radio/intercom equipment.

Opinions are like other parts of the anatomy where everyone has one...

BUT you mentioned "The seller is not cooperative." and if he/she isn't cooperative my opinion is that they know nothing about the hardware other than the name and what they could web search for a price. It may work and it may not - chances on the NOT is definitely possible.

Price needs to me a major factor. A few hundred bucks will buy you a dead radio just for looks. You could take a gamble and could end up with a working radio. These days it is getting more and more difficult to find somebody with the skills...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a AM-1777 amplifier base. Takes a MT-1029 mount and will go on your HMMWV radio shelf just fine. That setup would have been installed in HMMWVs back in the 80's. Replaced by SINCGARS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks