• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mav’s M1088A1 Conversion

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most definitely. Probably should go ahead and do that since I’m about to start modifying intake and relocating components. Also going to extend frame 2ft. Wondering if I could just get this thread moved to keep everything in one place.
I bought 1 of @gimpyrobb new intake cans with filters in it and dropped my filter price from 200 to 35 bucks for filter replacement and check out my exaust relocation will give you alot more useable clean frame rail to mount stuff on and just loosen the last band clamp on tailpipe and cut the last 2 feet of tail pipe off and spin the remaining short S piece to flush with frame rail or straight down towards the ground i just used some square tube tucked up in the bed frame with flex pipe tieing them together check out post 11 and 447 on my thread for pics of intake and exaust

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I still have a good amount of those Donaldson housings with filters. I just bought a house AND we're headed to haspin rally this weekend.

If you want one, shoot me a pm and gimme a bump on wed.

Mavcaster

I still have a good amount of those Donaldson housings with filters. I just bought a house AND we're headed to haspin rally this weekend.

If you want one, shoot me a pm and gimme a bump on wed.
Thank you but I think I’m going to go with the Donaldson P/N D100031 filter housings on mine but man are they expensive! You don’t happen to have any of those do you? What’s the diameter of the one @chucky has? My main goal is space saving for these so if they’re comparable and I can run only 1 filter that would be nice.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats all in the box gimp sends ya and twin filters i just removed the small center one unless i was in the sand and if your in deep water loosen the band clamp and spin the snorkel to the top so it wont suck water in

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Surprisingly enough all of these manifold bolts came out no problem. I was sure one was going to snap on me just because that’s my luck.

You should look real close since your where your at to see if you have any oil leaks around the aftercooler that the oil filter base is bolted to if not carry on ! Oh and Ace hardware has its own brand of spray paint in CAT yellow that looks gooooooood ! Oh and i dont see any braceing under that cab you might not be as lucky as me if it falls down on you ! Put something stout under there just in case !

Mavcaster

How well does regular enamel hold up to the heat though? I just coated the exhaust manifold with some VHT header paint which I know won’t even really last all that long.

And thanks for looking out, the truck is actually parked with nose slightly downhill so I’m not worried about the cab. I usually do throw a 4x4 post in there though when I’m just doing normal mx.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m only just moving them aft on the driver side frame rail to allow for a second OEM fuel tank to be added on that side. Batteries I haven’t quite decide yet.

There will be space above the drivers side fuel tank for a compartment made with a slide out drawer where I can store vehicle/habitat batts together. I don’t think this will be an issue with diesel fuel in open air below it but just want to make sure that’s going to be safe first.
You could take some inspiration from Nate Volk's solution

Mavcaster

You could take some inspiration from Nate Volk's solution
Hey thanks, I was trying to find the dude who installed an electric hydro pump and this is him so thank you for that. Also interested in that little dryer as well so searching for some more details on it. Not really a fan of the the tank setup but definitely some good ideas throughout.

EDIT: I found the dryer but it’s 12v. Still brings up a good thought on replacing the OE dryer while I’m in the process of relocating. Gonna keep digging.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks