• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Max egt's on nhc250?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So there is no possibility that the stock injectors or worn out or clogged and need rebuild?
They are either working or their not. If They were clogged you would have a misfire. Worn out you would have performance issues and maybe a surge.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
My rebuilds are done at 30% over stock. 1yr unlimited mile warranty. Cost includes shipping and any shipping back and forth if there is a problem. $825. I have put nearly 70,000 mi on mine with not always adding fuel additives and 2 filter changes no signs of wear when I opened it up a few weeks ago. Throttle response is excellent and all your power is at 70 to 80 percent throttle so you can't over fuel it unless you really try to.

I rebuild your pump. you send me yours 2 days priority mail, I take about a day or two to rebuild it and it goes back to you 2 day shipping. So it is a 7day turn around and you get your pump rebuilt, not just a swap.

sandcobra164

Thanks for pointing that thread out Jakeic15, good information there. Many people have pointed out in other threads that we need to stay under 200 psi rail pressure and ideally stay under 185 psi. I used to wonder why until I watched a video on youtube as to how the PT injection system works. Long and short of it, higher pressures in the fuel rail equals more stress on the valvetrain. Too much causes the camshaft to snap which results in a catastrophic failure of the engine. Unlike diesel engines I was used to in M35 series trucks, these trucks rely on the camshaft to provide the injection event. The pump sends metered fuel to the injector, the camshaft using a pushrod and rocker arm system actuate the injector by letting it rise, collect fuel from the rail, compress the injector and it sprays. The more pressure in the rail, the more stress on the components compressing it. Big Cam engines can handle higher rail pressures because the camshaft and bearings are larger in diameter. Big Cam has nothing in relation to the gas powered street machine world that I came from where a big cam will have sharper, taller lobes and idle with a lope.

Edited to correct spelling errors.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So the local shop in bow nh said $600 to rebuild the pt pump.
is there anything that I should give him for info or specs. It looks like I want to be around 185 fuel rail pressure? And 30% over stock?
Not a bad price if that is what he told you for 30 percent over.

grendel

Eric really knows his stuff, assuming you went to Bow? He does take a while, but it's worth doing. I just acquired an M816, I may have him do the pump, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks