• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Max hauling weight of a Deuce

satcong

Could anyone please tell me just how much TOTAL weight a duce can pull without sending it to a early grave. I want to take one to Texas & Louisiana towing a 20 Ft. dump trailer, hauling storm trash, I know that a duce will out-perform any one ton pickup. :roll:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Max hauling weight of a duce

Look at the Data Plate on the dash.

Duce is an Italian word meaning leader or the second, derived from Latin word dux of the same meaning, of which Duke is a derivation. Other Italian leaders whose names derive from dux are the Doges of Venice and Genoa, and the title of nobility duca ("duke").

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without going out and looking at my truck I think the data plate says 10,000# max towed load. Will the truck pull more than that, yes. Will you get to where your going very fast, no.

I'd say you could overload the engine and the brakes pretty fast with a 20' dump trailer. If you were hauling offroad or very short distances (say 25MPH or so)you could probably make it work.

dm22630

well.....I think that you would overload your trailer before you would overload your deuce.

EMPTY deuces weigh 13,500 lbs.....and you can pull one with a towbar with little problems.....other than speed.

And...you probably arent going to be hauling a FULL dump trailer very far (only to your closest landfill/dump site)....so I think that you will be fine.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
baja_power said:
The deuce brakes are already sub-par, so it may tow it just fine, but good luck stopping it.
Alot will depend on what kind of brakes you have on the trailer.

Alredneck

Banned
10K is what its rated but Apoc just did a 500 mile run pulling a 25k tri-axle with about 14k pounds all together! She didnt have a problem pulling the weight and stopping wasnt bad you just have to make sure you leave plenty of room cause a panic stop will end up hurt somebody. I only averaged about 45mph with a top speed of 55 and thats with the 46s still on here running mostly UMO. It takes awhile but if you aint in a rush you can get there. And now that trips over with I would drive my deuce all over the country, well once I get her unstuck that is!

avengeusa

2.5 in the bed is a nice figure for me, that is exactly the weight i need to haul a couple times a year or more, I am gonna love it when i pick up a deuce

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
kcimb said:
Think it can haul a 7.5ton armoured car?
Of course it will, why, did you trade in your new free Isuzu on one today?

m376x6

avengeusa said:
so how much can you safely haul as far as weight in the bed of the vehicle on a 200 or so mile haul?
One of my many Deuces was a late 80's M35A2 from the Air Force I bought out of New Mexico. I helped out a friend who had bought a huge stationary generator with stand alone control center and stand alone radiator cooling with electric fans. The total weight of the entire setup was 22,500 pounds. They loaded it onto the back of my Deuce and I hauled it from the Pueblo Army Depot (I have no idea what they call it now, or if it still exists) to a storage facility north of Denver for him. I don't believe it was more than 150 miles up I-25 through Colorado Springs and Denver. Besides slowing considerably on hills, she cruised just fine at 55. I had the brakes in good order, so there were no problems at all stopping her. You could sure tell she had a load. I've never seen a Deuce squat like that before. Not even my M376X6 with 4,000 pounds in the back.

Regards,
M376X6

burt gummers

the most i have seen myself was a deuce moved 45k for a few miles. i rode shotgun and it moved it no problem. so a 7.5ton armor car would be just another day for a deuce. i think the 10k limit is more of a guideline anyway :wink:

Barrman

This comes up about once a month. I pointed out the specifications the vehicle was built to. Can it do more? Heck yeah. Look at my avatar, I pulled a M35 with my M715 with no troubles or problems.

Are you willing to explain to the police, an attorney and a judge why you had 35K in and behind your truck rated at 10K? That is the real question. Only you can answer that one.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you have ever used a proper tow rig you will find how inadequate the M35 is at towing a heavy load. it bogs down on small hills, impedes traffic, and is not rated at much anyway. The problem with a deuce is that although it looks like a big truck it really is not

i love the m35 but it is not a very good rig for moving large loads safely and legally.

i know everybody is going to post how they hauled a 100k lbs with there M35 now.

chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks