• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Max height

EricTheHoly

I have a truck that’s around 6’8 that I want to put into the bed of my 5 ton. I’m not home currently and can’t measure it myself my m813 is sitting on super singles. Can anyone help me figure out if I’d be legal to drive with it in the bed I believe Az max is 13.6 feet. I appreciate it I won’t be home from my job for a couple months

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Bed is 5ft off the ground on 1400s

Arizona is 14ft on interstates. 13ft 6 on secondary

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
1400s are 49 in tall. Known as super singles on an 809a1 m939a1 and m939a2 truck. Those are stock on those trucks. No 5 ton series truck came with 1600s while in service but simply add 2.5in to the height for them. Add the modified bed spacer height if you installed onee or it has one.. This is done to allow rear to articulate fully without hitting the bed. It is a 4x4 installed to replace the 1x4.

So say its 5ft 7in give or take at maximum height of 53s and a proper bed spacer.

If the truck has a marine corp isobed on it then no 4x4 spacer was needed for complete articulation. Those beds have a taller frame over the stock bed. A truck with 53s and an issued has a floor height of 69in. Giving you a max of 7.75ft in the bed of the truck

Last edited:

EricTheHoly

1400s are 49 in tall. Known as super singles on an 809a1 m939a1 and m939a2 truck. Those are stock on those trucks. No 5 ton series truck came with 1600s while in service but simply add 2.5in to the height for them. Add the modified bed spacer height if you installed onee or it has one.. This is done to allow rear to articulate fully without hitting the bed. It is a 4x4 installed to replace the 1x4.

So say its 5ft 7in give or take at maximum height of 53s and a proper bed spacer.

If the truck has a marine corp isobed on it then no 4x4 spacer was needed for complete articulation. Those beds have a taller frame over the stock bed. A truck with 53s and an issued has a floor height of 69in. Giving you a max of 7.75ft in the bed of the truck
Thanks brother! I appreciate the help looks like I’ll be way under the max

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks