• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

max HP out of a 465 multi fuel?

scooter01922

From hanging around here and reading far too much i personally have concluded 200 is about it. Thats just my own personal opinion, you may detonate yours at 180, really all you can do is put on a pyro and watch it anyway. Haven't seen any real dyno results on a turned up truck.

Trudge

yeah i dont want to blow it up .i drive it every day.............some ppl are telling me these motors are crap other pl are telling me there great.............all confused

scooter01922

Well, hate to say it but you shall stay confused. Some swear by them others swear at them. For what they were designed to do and when they were designed i say they are great, in modern term, eh, they are mediocre.

ScubaCat

Well, hate to say it but you shall stay confused. Some swear by them others swear at them. For what they were designed to do and when they were designed i say they are great, in modern term, eh, they are mediocre.

Truer words have seldom been spoken about these multis. Used as intended and they are reliable.

Big CASE

I have turned up my Deuce . you just have to remember that a deuce is NOT a Race Truck .
on that note if you do the turn up RIGHT !!!!!!!!! you can run 60-65 mph and have more torque than you need .
I have done mine and I love it I run the 395s witch are close to a 1400 , mine DEUCE will run 65+ at 2450/3000 rpms if I push it

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea what the max HP would be because to my knowledge nobody has ever put one on a dyno. Atleast they haven't posted it if they have.

You'll burn one up quicker than anything. Best thing to do is install a pyro and just don't go too much.

phil2968

That brings up the question of what is to much? What temp is max at pre turbo, post turbo? I'm looking at pyros for my truck and would like to hear from someone already running one.

badgmc56

In a deuce, I have found you have to be patient with the power. It does not come on all a once but is steady if shifted correctly and RPM range kept a close eye on. You have to let the drive train do the work for you. I have turned up the fuel a bit in my deuce and am very satisfied with the results. I run about 1050 degrees pre turbo at full throttle. A lot less, around 500 to 800 when cruzing. It has all the power I need so I don't push the issue.

stumps

The problem with raising the power in a deuce all comes down to the same issue: The engine has a 22 to 1 compression ratio.

If you up the fuel, you are going to up the exhaust volume. If you up the exhaust volume, you are going to up the turbo speed. If you up the turbo speed, you are going to up the turbo boost pressure. And if you up the turbo boost pressure, you are going to drastically up the pressure in the cylinders. Doubling the boost pressure doubles the cylinder pressure, which stresses the headbolts, the rods, and the head gaskets... among other things.

But don't let me dissuade you from your quest to make your deuce faster. If you break your MF engine, you will have a great excuse to find a better SAE pattern engine to put in its place.... such as a Cummins diesel. It's lighter, can handle higher RPM, makes more torque and more horse power.... it just isn't a deuce engine.

If, on the other hand, you want to keep your deuce a deuce; deuces like to cruise at 45-50MPH.

-Chuck

derby

I agree with Stumps, if You change the the way it was designed to run than you get what you get. I had a buddy that had the need for speed. he spent hundreds of dollars on go fast parts. Once he put it all together he rode it once,and torched the motor. All I can say is Sitting Sucks! Besides that I don't feel that the brakes are that great to stop all that weight.

Stalwart

the -2 engine put into the M656/M757/M791 trucks used a 22% bigger oil pump for piston cooling and I believe larger injectors and turbo, made anywhere from 50-75 more hp.

stumps

the -2 engine put into the M656/M757/M791 trucks used a 22% bigger oil pump for piston cooling and I believe larger injectors and turbo, made anywhere from 50-75 more hp.
That would be the LDS-465-2 engine. They did all of those modifications so they could turn up the fuel for another 50HP over the unmodified LDT-465 engine.

Continental easily got 200HP continuous power out of that same block at 2100RPM, and with an 18 to 1 compression ratio. MF, with its 22.5 to 1 compression ratio, provides a benefit, but it also extracts a cost.

Bottom line: Are your expectations of MF engine life in line with the US military's?

They were upset at getting 10,000 miles on 2.5T and 5T MF engines before they deadlined. I think they were hoping for 30,000 miles.

I'm hoping that my MF engine outlasts my interest in M35A2's by a long shot.

-Chuck

conductorx

The problem with raising the power in a deuce all comes down to the same issue: The engine has a 22 to 1 compression ratio.

If you up the fuel, you are going to up the exhaust volume. If you up the exhaust volume, you are going to up the turbo speed. If you up the turbo speed, you are going to up the turbo boost pressure. And if you up the turbo boost pressure, you are going to drastically up the pressure in the cylinders. Doubling the boost pressure doubles the cylinder pressure, which stresses the headbolts, the rods, and the head gaskets... among other things.

-Chuck
The Turbo on these trucks doesn't have a bypass to control the boost pressure?

"G"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks