• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Max Tire Pressure for a Deuce Rim

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently put 9.00R-20 steer tires on my truck and even at 80PSI, the tires still look like they could use more wind in them. I looked on the stamping on the wheels and nothing is listed on them for the max pressure. On the tire, I believe it is listed as 90 PSI I believe, I have to double check though. I just didn't want to blow the rims apart or something. My truck is a winch truck, so I know its a little more heavy in the nose than a non-winch truck.

I think you will have tire problems long before rim lets go .
9.00-20 single 65 psi 4000lb rating
9.00-20 duel 55 psi 3510lb rating
I have always though 9.00-20 on the steering looked low on air and looked maxed out running 65psi I have never had a problem .

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toward the end of the "Old Days", back when lock ring, tube type wheels were king, and the tube type radials were coming out, we didn't hesitate to air them up, often over 100 PSI. The wheels will take far more pressure then the tires should have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks