• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Max Tire Size for M1028

usmc80

Anyone know what the maxium tire size you can put on a CUCV without jacking it up and cutting the fenders? I'm looking to have something that works and looks good and is reasonably priced.

GPrez

Try tire size 255 x 85 x 16. It comes out to 33" tall and 10" wide. If you search that tire size you'll come across a picture in here with a 1028 or 1008 with those and no lift. It looks good.

285 x 75 x 16 is close to the same size but more expensive.

mtn man

Search for pick of my truck. Sorry on mobile now and don't have pick. We put the 255/85 on 2 CUCV my 1008 and dad in laws 1028. We used summit mud dogs good tires for the bucks. also have a friend with friend with this same size in bfg mud terrain. Nice but pricey. I
Mounted b oth 285/75 and the 255/85 and on the. Cucv 6" wheels the 255 was taller by about 1/2". Skinny enough that they never rub! Speedo still close. Look on my album for the picks[thumbzup]

usmc80

Search for pick of my truck. Sorry on mobile now and don't have pick. We put the 255/85 on 2 CUCV my 1008 and dad in laws 1028. We used summit mud dogs good tires for the bucks. also have a friend with friend with this same size in bfg mud terrain. Nice but pricey. I
Mounted b oth 285/75 and the 255/85 and on the. Cucv 6" wheels the 255 was taller by about 1/2". Skinny enough that they never rub! Speedo still close. Look on my album for the picks[thumbzup]
Nice pics. They look good on it. How much do the 255 cost? I also saw your trailer dumping picture. Does that damage anything when you tip it up on its end like that?

usmc80

Try tire size 255 x 85 x 16. It comes out to 33" tall and 10" wide. If you search that tire size you'll come across a picture in here with a 1028 or 1008 with those and no lift. It looks good.

285 x 75 x 16 is close to the same size but more expensive.
Thanks, I just saw Mtn Man's pics of that size and look pretty good.

mtn man

The 1st set ran about $700 mounted and balanced. The second set I bought was a year later and they were at $770 mounted and balanced.... and they will patch them and rotate them for life... the shop here keeps these mud dawgs in stock in this size... he said he has a lot of ton truck duelly guys that buy them. He didn't have the BFG's, but they would have been about $200 each installed. The trailer dumping was just for show... no damage, but they were not intended for this use. Hard on the 'hinge' and the brake line.

usmc80

35's will fit.
Just checked out your build pics. It looks awesome dude. How does the old 6.2 perform with big tires and lift since it lacks the power of gas motors and newer diesels? Thats why I'm hesitant on tricking it out and spending alot of money on tires.

usmc80

Found some tires called General Grabber. They seem to be priced well, look decent and have good reviews. Now the big question, what size to go with......?

idM1028

Just checked out your build pics. It looks awesome dude. How does the old 6.2 perform with big tires and lift since it lacks the power of gas motors and newer diesels? Thats why I'm hesitant on tricking it out and spending alot of money on tires.
The gears on a M1028 (4.56's) should help with that a bit. A turbo would definitely give you more power, but the jury's still out on this. Some people will say something like a Banks kit works fine, some will say you're asking for blown head gaskets, etc. I'd do a search before you go that route. There are some other things you can do as well to help in the power department for little or nothing (for example, turning the IP up a bit.)

usmc80

The gears on a M1028 (4.56's) should help with that a bit. A turbo would definitely give you more power, but the jury's still out on this. Some people will say something like a Banks kit works fine, some will say you're asking for blown head gaskets, etc. I'd do a search before you go that route. There are some other things you can do as well to help in the power department for little or nothing (for example, turning the IP up a bit.)
Ok thanks for the advice. I will look into it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks