• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Max tire size for stock M1008

LT67

good deal
I wanted to keep the stock look for my first set so I went with the 235s. I’ll be looking to step next set
Just be aware of the advertised specs for each brand within the same size. I run BFG KM2 and they were right at 33.3in mounted. My Toyo MT were 33.5 mounted. If it's going to be an all terrain type tire, they will be a lil shorter.

Keith_J

Change in tire size will impact speedometer accuracy, larger tires will make actual speed higher than indicated.

You can change the drive gear to compensate. First, make sure the speedometer is correctly nulled, this is the needle at the zero mark with the truck stopped. The needle is only a friction fit on the shaft and it can be carefully adjusted with the dash removed. This will not change odometer calibration.

Once nulled, test over a measured mile at 30 MPH indicated, 2 minutes is the time. Adjust accordingly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks