• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Max truck load with trailer

sargentwolf

Have a question for you experts. If I had a 2 ish ton load in the bed of the M1078, could I still tow a 7.5k lbs bobcat behind the Behemoth?

Or would it be pushing the limits of the suspension? I know the trucks are way underrated with towing capacity, but would that kind of load prevent towing?

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For one, you have to look at the weight on the axles and tires. As well as gcvwr. 26001# gcvwr puts you in Cdl territory, but if you have the license or your Lmtv is registered as an rv, well then next up is axles and tires, with a lot of math. If your bobcat is on a trailer and over the tires, less tongue weight affecting the truck suspension. The trucks weight as it is, running a trailer with air brakes or good electrics I would say you should be good to go. Trailer weight on the bobcat will add another 4000# approximately so your towed load is more like 11.5k. Truck weight is 17k + 4K in the bed total weight of 32.5k. I have my truck registered for 24k and pay 14 bucks to increase it to 26 when im loading it up. I don't have a Cdl, so I'm very limited to what I can tow with the Lmtv. But with my dodge dually I can tow 14k, and do regularly when I move my tractor around, or when getting hay bales. If an 8000 pickup can tow 14k then....

sargentwolf

So the towed load isn't the full load of the trailer plus weight, only tongue weight? I thought it was a combo of the trailer empty weight plus the load is the towed load.

Cool thing about my state is if your a vet and experience driving these things in the last 3 years, you can get a waver for the skills test on the CDL. Still have to take written though..study study study!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks