• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maybe i'm not like you...

bunkerratte

...because you all have one --> The famous deuce.

I don't have one.... :shakehead:
Not yet. But in July... Yeah, then i'm an owner too!!! :jumpin:

So i will start as soon as possible here at "steelsoldiers".

My Reo is a M35A2C (Hercules) 1d-turbo w/w but without its dropsides (stolen). And it is like new: 3.500 Miles only. Little rust and many new parts. Only some paint is needed (Picture follows).

Ahh, i forgot to tell: I live in Germany; between Stuttgart and Munich and my name is Frank.

The Reo's name will be "The Noize" because it's the "noize" why i love this truck. And here we are at the only drawback of my Reo: the 1d. I agree with a word, somebody wrote: "I payed for the turbo, i will hear it!" So from now on i will search for a 1c.
(another name of a deuce w. 1c could be "converter" --> he/she/it (don't know) converts fuel into noise [thumbzup] )

My intention is to bring "the noize" (back) to Vietnam-era-configuration. Let's see.

Ah, i've got the complete VIC 1 on ebay on saturday. I've seen the vic in some of your Reos. Looks great. :yeah:

And best of all: "steelsoldiers" is full of competent, helpfull and friedly people. I still don't have a deuce, but i already know a lot of "do" and "don't". :idea:

That's it.

cu

Frank

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wilkommen, Frank!
Congrats on winning the VIC-1 system. Glad they'll ship it to you.
So, where did you find the deuce and what does "bunkerratte" mean?
Lived in Augsburg for a while decades ago, do you live near there?

bunkerratte

Hello Bjorn,

aaah, Augsburg. [thumbzup]
I was born in Ulm and lived there for 28 years. Now my home ist 50 km away from Ulm, between Stuttgart and Ulm. Now to Augsburg it's around 130 km.

A friend of mine will sell his deuce. He bought it from DRMO, but I don't know exactly where and when. I will ask him, when i get (and pay) my deuce in July.
He said, this deuce has been overhauled for Desert Storm, but it was never used there. The Army stored it instead.

----------------------------------------

bunkerratte are two words:
"bunker" and "ratte"
bunker = concrete fortifikation/pillbox
ratte=rat (here=tunnelrat)

I'm interested in fortifikation for many many years now. First of all the french "Maginot-Line"; built from 1928-1940. That's why I say "bunker".

And when i visit a fortifikation, i have to look (and climb) in or down of every opening i will find there. Like a (tunnel-)rat.
Another version for "rat": My (now ex- :banghead: ) girlfriend named herself "Ratte" (don't know why; she really doesn't look like a rat). So i named myself "bunkerratte".
(The first version sounds better and so it's the official one) :eyes:

----------------------------------------

Frank