• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maybe my wife is right?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, your wife isn't right but she is always your wife. If you have a place to put it then you can't have too much stuff.

My wife's only stipulation is that it cannot sit out in front of the house. Fortunately we have 18 acres behind the house and I just finished excavating the area for the new barn to go up later this month to store the toys in.

Woohoo!!

:)

5tonpuller

I have a idea ! Lets send all our wifes to Pawnshop's house??
I was told " no more green till I get a front porch "
The one she wants will cost more then the green things.
:(

Pawnshop

I see it all the time at the pawn shop, "NO you can't buy another $300 rifle, we can't afford it!", then they almost always drag the prisoner/husband over to the diamond showcase to look at $1000 rings. Too many women out there balk at the notion that $1 could be spent on something they don't care about, but will freely spend thousands on their useless stuff. There are some out there who are reasonable, but they are the exception and not the rule. I realize that they don't understand "boy stuff" (trucks, guns etc...) and we don't understand "girl stuff" (shoes, $300 purses etc..) but we all have our hobbies and if the bills are paid why not? That goes for trucks AND purses.

My opinion is that the average female aversion to boy stuff is based in jealousy. Time, money and attention spent on something other than THEM will not be tolerated, it is no different than if you had a girlfriend on the side, you are cheating on them in their mind.

I figured this out after I lost a potential girlfriend. She knew that I have three priorities in my life: my girlfriend, my job and my firearms. She was a wonderful girl but she didn't want to share me with my job and my hobby, so she did not allow a relationship. I was dissapointed but realised it was for the best, saved some fights and jealous moments down the road, and I love her for it to this day. And that was before I got my deuce, she would have realy hated THAT!

Don't get me wrong, I know they are not all that way, thankfuly! I love women (a LOT), but will never allow anyone else to have any financial say in my life. If you have a woman in your life that allows your hobbies with no jealousy then you have found the Golden Ring my friend, enjoy her and count your blessings!

Blythewoodjoe

Oh crap, I haven't been spending too much time on here lately and didn't notice the request. I will read over everything tonight and post more info. I hope to attend the Georgia rally and if I do it will only be because I will have a truck load of stuff for sale. With gas jumping $0.90 in the last two weeks, $0.70 in the last 24 hours, I will need to sell stuff just to pay for fuel :x

Blythewoodjoe

Here we go;

Half track:
I am keeping the frame for now. I am removing the cab, or what's left of it and puting that and the front axle on eBay, one day :roll:

Dollys:
I have one big one but the cylinders are missing. I have a complete small one but no wheels. Some one talked me out of them already :lol:

AF tractor: No one has expressed any real interest in the whole truck so part it out I am. It's got a ford v-8 gas, and I have never tried to crank it. Fifth wheel is a beauty. Pivots both ways :shock:

5 ton chassis parts: I still have the transfer case in the 5 ton. The axles are all ready taken and I sold the engine last year. One guys has asked about the hitch, but I have been draggin my feet on removing that :oops:

I will try to get some better pictures and a list. I have been waisting my time getting an old air force international truck running. I forgot about how poor I am for a few weeks. I will have to get back into the inventory reduction mode.

Joe Trapp

flippydidit

I sometimes enjoy aggravating my girlfriend by buying 'eyesores'. For one, it keeps her away from my stuff because she's never sure if she'll 'need a tetanus shot'. And my favorite reason......because of the glorious make up sex. It doesn't take much to make me happy, except maybe one of your trailers. It's hard to tell from your picture, but I wanted to know what condition they are in, and how much you'd want for them. Thanks.

Keep 'em rolling,

Nate

mightyhammer

Heres one to try....After some time, I noticed that my wife was always crabby, naggy and a general grump when it came to my stuff....Remember diversionary tactics from training...It works! Hand her a hundred bucks or so...whatever you can afford to spare and tell her it is for her to spend on herself...not bills, the kids, or any of the usual excuses for you not spending money on your projects... but just for her to spend on herself.....While shes out shopping with a big SE Grin on her face go spend the rest of the couple grand you made on a good deal on your stuff. Your defense was established as you thought of her needs first :D ! GIT 'ER DONE!

mightyhammer

Well, they all have their good and bad points. Just like us I suppose.... I just wish I could get my wife to catch the auction bug... When we met, she wouldn't even look at ebay and accused me of never paying full price for anything....Then she started getting jealous after seeing some of the deals I had gotten. Now from time to time I catch her looking...May be a slow learner...HE HE HE

jj

RE: stuff

Two of them? Are you a Mormon? Or maybe a slow learner? Or, like me, just an eternal optimist who firmly believes in the "institutions"? I think i'm ready for the institution right now. Padded walls, free food, no utility bills, no telephones, no sharp tools.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks