• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MB 4 Entwistle Aircraft tractor TM Wanted

Hyperpack

Hi
New member searching for information on the Entwistle MB 4 aircraft tug. I just bought one of these and shipped it from Texas now I need to figure out why the brakes are so harsh and a few other mechanical troubles. I appreciate any help finding a service or parts manual.
Thanks
Hyperpack

mcdive

Hi
New member searching for information on the Entwistle MB 4 aircraft tug. I just bought one of these and shipped it from Texas now I need to figure out why the brakes are so harsh and a few other mechanical troubles. I appreciate any help finding a service or parts manual.
Thanks
Hyperpack
My son just bought one and we are trying to hunt a manual down. Also a break issue. A hydraulic leak on axle. Any help would be nice or a direction to go in. Thanks

Poccur

My son just bought one and we are trying to hunt a manual down. Also a break issue. A hydraulic leak on axle. Any help would be nice or a direction to go in. Thanks
Circa 2012 there was a member who emailed a copy of his manual to a few folk on here...might try to look him up...edited...sorry, forgot to say member was 'Needle' as i recall....

If you have some dollars you want to part company with (no connection to me just found it searching) there was a guy used to sell a bulk group of manuals and the one you want (TM-55-1740-200-14) was in the group:

And if you get stuck, I have the manual for tow tractor MB-4 but it is Wollard, if it was a build to print and they just changed manufacturers it might be going in the right direction...PM me I can send you a copy..

Last edited:

mcdive

Circa 2012 there was a member who emailed a copy of his manual to a few folk on here...might try to look him up...

If you have some dollars you want to part company with (no connection to me just found it searching) there was a guy used to sell a bulk group of manuals and the one you want (TM-55-1740-200-14) was in the group:

And if you get stuck, I have the manual for tow tractor MB-4 but it is Wollard, if it was a build to print and they just changed manufacturers it might be going in the right direction...PM me I can send you a copy..

cobra5

These are AF Entwhistle manual numbers. I don't believe the Army used this type of tug so I doubt there is a TM available
36A10-3-41-1 Operation & Maintenance
36A10-3-41-2 Overhaul Instructions
36A10-3-41-4 Illustrated Parts Breakdown

mcdive

These are AF Entwhistle manual numbers. I don't believe the Army used this type of tug so I doubt there is a TM available
Hey thank you very much

Guyfang

Staff member

Well, the problem, as always, is its Air Force equipment. I asked a Zoomy for some help, and he said that for some reason the TM's, at least some of them are not coded A for public release. AND, the Air Force has always done a good job of not releasing tm's. Coded A or not. There is an Air Force repository for TM's at Robbins AFB. Maybe you can find an address for them?