• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MBU not MEP for camper kitchen

coachgeo

Wow for an AUX. Equipment Forum all that is in here is MEP stuff.

Anywho....... Am building a camper and looking at MBU for cook top build. Any ideas? Bad choice? / Good choice? How big/small are they. hard to tell

* did search and found nothing..... if you know of a good good search term and/or place to look........ or know off a thread on this topic please pass this info on to me.

coachgeo

Did that...... and stated so in the post....... cause I always tell folk the same thing... granted did it with more terms than MBU by itself
OK....... went thru that search now too. BUT-- Nothing there on topic of this thread, but thank you

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, what kind of MBU are you thinking about using? There are several different types. Not sure they all are the same size. Or are you still in the planning stage, and haven't any set MBU in mind? Its kinda like asking how big is a truck.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] MBU V3 Diesel Stove

•Fuel Capacity: 2 US Gallons
•Operating temperature range: : -25°F to 125°F
•Size: 19.0” wide x 9.75” high x 23” long
•Fuel Type: JP-8, Diesel #1 & #2, DF1, DF2, DFA, Jet A, Jet A1
•Heat Output:
•Ultra Low setting - 12500 BTU/HR 20 hours
•High Settings - 55000 BTU/HR 5 hours
[/FONT]

Last edited:

coachgeo

yes the MPU V3 is what was looking at. Thank you for reply. Was not aware there were others.

What is smallest type? or something similar/ cost effective for cooking. Other RV/Boat diesel type cook tops price are too prohibitive.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
The MBU4 is about, (don't quote me on this) the same size. I am not a spoon. But had to fix a few MBU's while on active.

I just know that on fle-bay there are a few MBU's, and that's where I found the size of the MBU3. I asked someone else in fle-bay for the measurements for the MBU4. He may answer, or not. There are at least 2 more stoves that I know of.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't offer any definitive information on the actual MBU but from my experience at the GA Rally, if you use them inside, have hearing protection. You can hear them from a hundred yards away.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Last edited:

coachgeo

.... MBU is too short for the search engine
Civi are cheaper than you think with 2 burners delivered to my house in KS just under $50,​
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Double-B...023263&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113500756& .....
also moved to Trailer forum.
.Yep most boards do NOT search 3 letters or less. Thanks for LP stove stuff..... but, have zero desire to go with more than one fuel type. Also lived 8+ years in RV's between undergrad, grad school, and first few jobs from one side of the country to another. You should no that... moderators are suppose to be mind reader guru's lol.

Thanks for all you do from one Mod to another.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks