• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MC rebuild easy question

g2065g

Do I need to put brake fluid in the cylinder before sliding the parts in or a coat on them? Or do I assemble it dry and just fill after I reinstall it? I'm sure this is common knowledge to a lot of people but this is my first rebuild. I usually just replace the MC on any other vehicle if it is bad.

Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wet all wet parts with BFS.

The air side can be lubed lightly with 10wt oil.

g2065g

Thanks. I did several searches tonight and a few days ago. I vaguely recalled someone suggesting to coat them all but could not find it tonight. I searched for about an hour and cannot find a MC rebuild in the TMs either.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should be in the -34TM.

g2065g

Will take a look. I appreciate the info.

I searched 14 pdf's that have -34 in them relating to the deuce that I have downloaded. I can find a parts blowup but not the internals of the MC. Nothing pertaining to actually rebuilding the MC. I could have missed it. I know how it goes back together just needed to know about prelubing the parts with brake fluid and that was answered. Thanks again.

Last edited:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the TM says to coat all moving parts and seals with appropriate oil or fluid depending on it's location in the system. I just did this job but my TM is not here at the moment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks