• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Measuring diesel/petrol specific gravity.

martin

Hi
I am, I hope, about to buy another deuce. I have been offered an M109.
A while back someone kindly did a graph to show how the gravity of petrol/diesel mix could give the proportion of the two fuels in that mix.
Unfortunately, I am having terrible problems buying a hydrometer to cover that specific range of gravities.
Please can anyone point me in the right direction?
I just missed one on ebay and Google gives a lot of matches!!
Thanks,
Martin

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the graph(s) were posted on this site a couple of years ago, do a search using different keywords......

You can make the measurements yourself if you have an accurate scale. Practical for a few mixes anyway.

davemccoull

It was me that posted the graphs, glad somebody found them useful. I got two hydrometers from Brannans in Cleator Moor Cumbria for £20, their details are on the ,net
Any problems PM me.
Dave.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks