• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mechanical injection turbo 6.2?

broylz

I have a lead on a church van with a 6.5 td in it. I want to keep mechanical and not add the pcm. Is it possible to bolt the intake and heads and turbo on and turn up the stock pump to match it? Im not expecting much over 200hp buy i dont know what the mechanical pump is capable of...

This will be going in an 86 m998 with a 6.2 and a 700r4 swap.

Barrman

2 different questions were asked:

Can a mechanical 4911 spec injection pump be used on a center mount turbo 6.5 engine?

what has to be done to convert a non turbo 6.2 HMMWV to a center mount turbo?

I’m not going to go near the good or bad of a 700R4 in such a vehicle behind a turbo diesel.

Any 6.5 diesel mechanical injection pump can be tuned to the same specs as what Chevy had with their 1994 6.5 turbo engine. That engine had the 4911 IP. 1995 is when they went to the electronic IP. You will need matching injectors and probably lines to match. Since you have a donor engine. All should be good.

I would suggest a pyrometer as a must since your right foot instead of a computer is what will control exhaust temperature.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Civilian pumps flow more than military de-tuned pumps.

I believe the heads and center mount turbo will work.

700R4 truck version with the correct stall speed in the torque converter will be absolutely fine for road use. Rock climbing is a different story.

Exhaust temperature sensor would be a great idea, as well as water injection system.

broylz

Im not looking for a ton of power and im well aware of what the 700r4 can amd cant do. I didnt realise there was a mechanical pump in 1994 on a td. I was looking at marine pumps too.

This ole girl is just on beach cruiser family duty.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This ole girl is just on beach cruiser family duty.
Then I might just forget the turbo and re-clock the injector to get a tad more HP. You can also flow a tad more fuel for a bit more HP.

If you insist on a turbo, then buy a TD 6.5 for 2-3 grand.

You have more than enough HP for the beach.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks