• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge Line

otisroy

Hey guys, it's been I while since I've posted. I'm getting ready to install a mechanical oil pressure gauge from Summit in my M109. I don't have the truck at the house so I need some help with estimating the length of line from the sending port to the gauge. I'll come through the firewall roughly behind the gauge cluster.

I had a scare a while back when I looked down and saw almost zero on the gauge but no knocking. I was sure I was looking at major work. I drove around for a couple weeks with a mechanical gauge on the floor and it had a solid 30 psi at idle and 60 under load. I replaced the sender and gauge(they were matched, 120psi) and it's still flaky. I'm sure there's an open somewhere but I don't wanna deal with chasing an electrical issue and it was reassuring to see the pressure on that mechanical gauge.

I need the length because I'm gonna use a prefabbed BSS line with a grommet at the firewall penetration.