• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Medical "Study" on diesel exhaust

G-Force

Has anybody read the article??? It says that they used statistics from the 1950's up.....its bad data to begin with....and it already has been proven that:
"LIFE CAUSES DEATH IN LABORATORY PEOPLE"

quickfarms

More bad science turned into law or public panic.

Remember global warming is going to get you before diesel exhaust.

What about all of the toxic chemicals in those Prius batteries? Lead acid batteries are about 96% recyclable.

Most new laws are for the benefit of one lobby.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OKAY guys....let's keep the politics out of this or we will shut this one down also.

I did read the article and they did use old outdated info. They did state that things have changed and they didn't look at the new info.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least the members of this forum can read and think (or the ones who have replied can), and That is what I was aiming for by posting the link to the article. Know the facts, complain to the news organizations and the politicians when ever they parrot the study. It's the only way to derail their agenda. Otherwise, we face the very real prospect of 'upgrading' our large trucks, and other equipment that can run on diesel, to the newer, 'current compliant' engines.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wait until they find out that electricity can also kill you.

Does everyone in California die from cancer?

Terracoma

I thought most under ground mines where going to electric everything?
That's true for underground coal operations, specifically at the working face, where the coal is actively being extracted. MSHA rules for ventilation, airflow, and air quality are very strict due to the dangers associated with stray sparks, static charge, open flames, etc., when working in a confined space with coal dust and methane gas. Diesel equipment use underground is permissible by MSHA away from the working face(s) if they meet some fairly rigorous guidelines.

Lots of underground mines not dealing in coal still use diesel-driven equipment, strictly because of the cost savings.

Oh how I wish we could be able to hear what George Carlin would have had to say on this little debate! Having been a Carlin fan for many years and knowing his views on countless subjects, I get the feeling he would have put it down as another example of the government's history of creating a problem to seperate one half of the people with an opinion from the other half, ultimately leading to a life and death struggle that can only be resolved with money. Lots and lots of money for the politicians to pass a laws requiring another tax or surcharge under the guise of helping people to live longer so they can keep paying taxes! It's all about SEPERATION!......You from your money!
:soapbox:
Extra points if you read that and heard it in George Carlin's voice! [thumbzup]

zout

By no means to de-rail your thread Mike - but years ago when working semi tractors - trailers - automobiles I use to use the air gun and blow the DUST out of a bellhousing or brake spider housing to make room for new components.

These particles at that time filled the uderside of the truck - area around the trailer and into your face on a car.
These particles back then was Asbestos - not like todays components lacking this nasty stuff.

No masks were used way back when and you just kept after the vehicle to complete the brake work without giving one thought to walking in particles.

I am knowledgeable of what crap is inside me now - more than what I may be taking in today.

Gunfreak25

Liberal air causes more cancer than diesel exhaust. :cool:

I didn't even read the article, just the title. I got out of that rabbit hole a few years ago. Lower blood pressure and less booze consumption. :beer:

Last edited:

supermechanic

Without life, there is no death.
Perhaps Cali will look into banning life next.
Fact, smoke is not good to breathe, our ancestors 10,000 years ago knew this.
How about some new 'news'.

3dAngus

If it's advertised as being bad for ya, I might just hook up a hose to the exhaust and suck some in. The best things in life are bad for ya.

det rebel

Heath_h49008 "Diesel engines are common amongst big bad businesses, and evil men with trucks who should be driving Priuses anyway."

lets see what happens when we hook there little 800 lbs Prius to the 80,000 lbs loads that i see every day . or see how big of a gas engine you would need for the torque that my DIESEL puts out :popcorn::popcorn:

Heath_h49008

So I ask again. Who do we have on our side?

Besides rational thought, of course.

I don't see the MVPA taking down the big enviro lobby. So who do we donate to?

I would like to see some slick pamphlets or some known face on the news at least mentioning reality.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reality makes for boring TV(news).

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am more concerned about the effects of mineral oil. Also ATF & UMO

Thanks Mike for the post, very informative.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks