• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Medium to high pitch whirring while accelerating

dragon1124

Good day all. I have just noticed a medium to high pitched whirring coming from the front end during acceleration. This happens from the front end of the vehicle. Whenever the accelerator is pressed I can hear this whirring. It even happens during regular turning of the front wheels. When I let off the accelerator it stops.

I have downloaded the tms and looked through them and havent found any noise troubleshooting unless I missed it. Any suggestions or ideas this might be?

beanman1

does it do it while you are sitting still if so check your radiator fan the clutch might be locked up or it might be loose belts or low power steering fluid

cjkeeliii

I've just noticed a similar noise from my m1008, but it goes away after the engine warms. Check these things:

proper belt tension
power steering fluid level
wingnuts on breather cover

Don't know what my problem is, but hope this helps you.

dragon1124

Beanman1, when I am sitting still the noise isn't there, I'll check the p.s fluid after my shift at work. Also, cj the noise is still there for me when the engine is hot

dragon1124

I hope the bearings are not going bad, I've spent half the price I paid for this thing in repairs alone. I did check the power steering fluid though, and it's almost empty, have to go and get some more. Also the transmission fluid dipstick is showing to add a pint. Hopefully this will fix the noise. If something else major is going on with this cucv you'll see it on ebay lol. aua

dragon1124

Lol I feel dumb sometimes, I am so mechanically inclined it's not funny. Every vehicle I've owned would go to the mechanic at every noise or problem at all. This cucv I am learning to do things for myself with it. I would have never guesses that low power steering fluid would make that whirring noise during acceleration. And since I've never heard that before on any vehicle I've owned it's new to me. Thanks again for the advice everyone and we'll catch you on the flipside

edpdx

Lol I feel dumb sometimes, I am so mechanically inclined it's not funny. Every vehicle I've owned would go to the mechanic at every noise or problem at all. This cucv I am learning to do things for myself with it. I would have never guesses that low power steering fluid would make that whirring noise during acceleration. And since I've never heard that before on any vehicle I've owned it's new to me. Thanks again for the advice everyone and we'll catch you on the flipside

Did anyone find out what the trouble was? I am having the same issue. I know this is an old thread- hate when there is no resolution, but I just replaced the P/S pump/res. To be truthful, the noise was present BEFORE the P/S bracket broke, but now that I'm up and running, I'd like to chase that noise down.

Any ideas are appreciated.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone find out what the trouble was? I am having the same issue. I know this is an old thread- hate when there is no resolution, but I just replaced the P/S pump/res. To be truthful, the noise was present BEFORE the P/S bracket broke, but now that I'm up and running, I'd like to chase that noise down.

Any ideas are appreciated.
The OP of that old thread had no fluid in his power steering pump thus causing his whirling noise. Your problem???

LT67

Good day all. I have just noticed a medium to high pitched whirring coming from the front end during acceleration. This happens from the front end of the vehicle. Whenever the accelerator is pressed I can hear this whirring. It even happens during regular turning of the front wheels. When I let off the accelerator it stops.

I have downloaded the tms and looked through them and havent found any noise troubleshooting unless I missed it. Any suggestions or ideas this might be?
That's usually your credit/debit card whining while waiting on something that needs fixed on your cucv. I'm quite familiar with it😂

edpdx

The OP of that old thread had no fluid in his power steering pump thus causing his whirling noise. Your problem???
Nope, not the P/S fluids. The whine was there before I changed bracket and P/S pump. I topped it off and worked the steering until clear fluid bled out of the low pressure hose. I'm headed out to see if it's:

1. U-joint
  2. Rear wheel Bearings
  3. Pinion Gear
Any other places to look for a whine... besides the parts swap meet?

Was hoping to beat the snow storm headed my way...
1612990911027.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks