• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Medium tow bar weight?

PowerstrokeNC

Anybody know what this item weighs roughly? I do know it is 84" long, or at least thats what GL says...

GL has it at 1200# but that can't be right, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Attachments

Choppers

Mediums are manageable by one person, but they are heavy.

Heavies, large. Etc are not.

Better have a few good friends or something to assist with any of them.

These are good at towing MVs, but I think their original, design was to pinch tear, crush, and remove flesh from people.

If you fight one, you will lose.

Be careful.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WAY more manageable in pieces! Leave the feet off, separate the two bars and one person can handle it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You do not even need to pick the towbar up to use it really. If its bed mounted just lower the tailgate. back up to the disabled truck. slide the towbar out so that only the feet are on the disabled truck. Put the pins in and fold the tow bar up and onto the hood of the disabled truck. Pull forward and close your tailgate... back up to the truck. Lower the towbar to the ground. Get centered and use a chain thru the tailgate straps up and under the towbar to hold it up level. then back into it. Some folks cut a piece of 4x4 so that is the right height to hold the towbar up level with the pintle. but basically you do not have to lift it... To reload the towbar just fold it up back up drop the tailgate and unhook.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks