• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Meetings in Hickory,NC

AMGeneral

Just posting this to inform all interested that I'm once again trying to get a monthly meeting together in Hickory NC on the SECOND Saturday of each month.They will be held at the Golden Corral off of Exit 125(I-40) at 12:30 PM.All that can attend are welcome,bring your MVs if you can(come anyway even if you can't bring a MV).Just a little informal meeting to discuss upcoming local events or plan for new ones/discuss trucks in general.Hope to see all that can attend there!!

The first one will be held this Sat Dec 8th at 12:30 PM,PM me if you need directions.

vtdeucedriver

I am about 3 hrs from there according to yahoo maps....................looking for something in my area.............looks like Tired Iron is no longer. Their web site has not been updated in ages.

AMGENERAL or anyone in Hickory. I am looking for some help. I want to bid on a M127 trailer for my M52A2. But I wont be able to move it or store it until spring...............anyone got help.

tjcouch

My parents winter in Blowing Rock, and my sister (and her family) lives there year round! I'll have to look you up the next time I am up there!

AMGeneral

Folks,I may not be able to make the meeting this Sat as I may be going to AL to pick up another wrecker,If not I'll be there around 12:30 as planned.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, try emailing George Baker from the old website. Hes still there but is spending most his time with an off road Christian group IIRC

AMGeneral

Just an update,the next meeting will be on January 12, 2008 at 12:30 at the Golden Corral just off exit 125 in Hickory,NC.I WILL be there for this one!!

Just a reminder,You do not have to bring an MV to the meeting,just bring one if you want to,if you don't have one yet or it's not driveable,come on anyway.Brian(MDSA) showed up last time and said he was the only one.I'm gonna do some e-mailing and calling while i'm off for Christmas and get the word out.Hope to see everyone that can make it there!

Therbert,I'm not all that far from you,I just live off I 40 exit 106 in Morganton.Where did you get your Deuce?

therbert

AMGeneral,

Well, I don't have it yet. My EUC was approved today and I have contracted someone to pick it up friday and check it out and make sure it can make the trip back home. I got it at Camp Lejeune, NC. Pictures show gauges while running, so I hoping for the best. I would love to come, but I work in FL and will be there all weekend. I will have to try for the next one.. You are only about 1 hour from me. We should hook up. I know I have alot to learn.

Thanks

AMGeneral

Just a quick reminder,the next Meeting in Hickory will be on Saturday,January 12 th at 12:30 at the Golden Corral off I-40 Exit 125 (Lenoir Rhyne Blvd). PM me here or e-mail me at M4A4@aol.com if you need directions.

AMGeneral

Just bumping this back to the top to alert everybody that the meeting is THIS SATURDAY at 12:30.Please post here if you are gonna try and be there,as it looks I'll be driving the whistler Deuce to the meeting.Hope to see everyone that can make it there!!!!

therbert

RE: Meetings in Hickory, NC

I can't make this one as I will be working. I will most likely make the next assuming it is on saturday. This weekend is a fluke for me.

Hav Fun for those that attend..

Thanks

AMGeneral

Well,the meeting was a success!!!We had 8 people there and 3 trucks!!!So this is definetly gonna become a monthly event!!!Sorry,no pics though,I remembered the camera about halfway down I-40 :oops: .A big thanks to all who helped make this take off and all who made it.

P.S. Kenneth got his first taste of convoying behind a N/A Deuce,I looked back several times on hills to see that Kenneth's deuce had completely dissappeared in the viel of black smoke!!! [thumbzup]