• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Meetings in Hickory,NC

MDSA

NC Get Together

Anybody ever been to Uwharrie NAtional Forest? Could we meet there? It's kinda sorta in the center of the state. What kind of trails do they have.

Anybody close enough to scope it out?

K45

URE short for Uwharrie. is a great place to do a meet. it is almost center of the state. I know some of the military did training exercises on the trails with hummers. I have seen 1 bobed deuce go through the trails. They have a big camp ground. They have a shooting range and horse paths. Badin lake is right there so fishing is another option. I have been there a multiple amount of times. I know any of the CUCv could make it through almost every trail there. The deuce will have to be a pick and choose ordeal. Since I do not own a duced and do not have a clue how they drive out there. I could easily go through the trails in my blazer and have someone that owns a duced ride and scout the trails.

Also I think the trails might be closed now but will reopen in the spring.

tarheel

back in fall during the military living history, i got the go-ahead from mr. allison that we could use allison's woods for a get together. its just a tick north of statesville. but im still working on it, just another option.

MDSA

Kenny, I checked with CGArbee and will include part of his helpful response concerning the Uwharrie Forest.

I am planning on hosting a gathering this comming April... There are a couple of trails that can be done with a duece, but the majority of them are too tight to take one up.
I'll also be running a few rides on the local forest service roads since we have some folks who either have trailer queens that they don't want to take on the trails or who don't feel comfortable driving the more difficult trails that a duece could easily run.
I'll be posting details on the forum when I get them figured out.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any really good OHV areas in NC that are setup for something big. Everything that I know of is really designed around a Jeep or pickup sized vehicle.

Tarheel, let us know if something works out with Mr. Allison.

AMGeneral

Well folks,It's that time again,Next meeting in Hickory will be held on Sat January 10th at 12:30,I think I'll drive the M35A2C this trip,hope to see ya'll there

Martin T.

Maybe I will have something by then. I have always wanted to go to Uwharrie to ride ATVs but never got to make the trip. Friends have gone and say it is a cool place. It would be about a 4hr trip for me.

MDSA

Mtg

Looking forward to this month's meeting 1/12. I plan to be there with the Deuce and one of the new trailers.

K45

Unfortnately I will not be there. Its my finaces birthday. her family is doing something that weekend. hope to catch yall next time.

MDSA

Brandon,

I plan to meet you at your house about the same as last month. Hope to have one of the ammo trailers in tow - IF I get out of my back yard. The trailers and Deuce are parked down behind the house, and with all the rain this week, I fear the steep hill up to the road may be too much. See you in the AM.

AMGeneral

Ok folks,I'm moving the Hickory meeting for Feb to the third Sat instead of the second,as not to interfere with St. Valentines day.So the Hickory meeting will be held on Sat Feb 21st, same time,same place.

AMGeneral

Ok folks,it's that time again,the monthly Hickory meeting will be held on Sat March 14th at 12:30.Unfortuately,I won't be able to be there as I will be at papabears place working on the GOER.

MDSA

Hope to be there too. Will try to bring one of the ammo trailers. JBlack and I will try to meet at exit 106 to convoy into Hickory in case any others want to meet.