• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Meetings in Hickory,NC

MDSA

The next meeting is right around the corner - this Saturday 9:00 am at exit 125 south of Hickory on US 321.

Brandon, I'll come by your place about 8:15ish to convoy if you want.

Got your Deuce back running yet?

AMGeneral

Whoops,time snuck up on me again,I forgot to list the meeting for this past Sat(July 11) so It will now be held this coming Sat(July18th) same time/ place as last month. 9:00 AM at exit #33 off HWY 321 at the small truck stop on the north bound side of the highway.

AMGeneral

Brian,I am gonna drive civvy vehicle this meeting,but if you still wanna convoy,I'll drive slow.

Huey Pilot Ret.

Welcome to the site!!

Actually there are 2 or 3 MV clubs in NC that hold meetings monthly....

The North Carolina Military Vehicle Preservation Association,based in Raleigh,President Amnon Nissan,Amnon@deltaforce.net .holds meeting the first Saturday of each month At the Golden Corral,Centrum Shopping center in Raleigh.

The Carolina Military Vehicle Presertvation Association, based in Selma NC,President Rob Jopeck,CAROLINA MILITARY VEHICLE PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION CMVPA - HQ

rsh253

Hey Brandon,

Is there going to be a meeting this Sat., 9/12; and will it be at 9:00 AM at exit #33 off HWY 321 at the small truck stop on the north bound side of the highway? If so, I'm going to try & make it.

Thanks, Russ

AMGeneral

Ok folks,I remembered to post this a week ahead this time,next meeting will be held next Sat,Oct 10th at 9 AM,exit 33 off NC 321 at the resturant on the horth bound side.

MDSA

Russ,

What is SOV V?? If it's anything like the last event at Allison Woods, I don't think I want to miss it either.

rsh253

Brian,
SOV (Sons of Valor) is a WWII tactical event which will be held this weekend at Allison Woods. There will be German and US re-enactiong units. Unlike the event which was held there last month, it is not open to the public.

I attended SOV IV which was held in Camden, SC this past March. It was my first tactical event & it was great. Here's the web site for SOV IV: SOVIndex. I don't think they built a web site for SOV V. The registration & waiver forms for SOV V are the same as for IV. If you bring your jeep, then there is no registration fee. I was not attached to a unit when I sent in my registration & they were OK with that. They seem to really want WWII vehicles there. I was originally planning to use my jeep to help transport troops, but Able Co. invited me to fight with them. Getting registered may be a problem due to the short time left to this weekend; but if you show up with your jeep and have WWII kit, I'd bet they'd let you participate.

-Russ

AMGeneral

Russ,

I was gonna take the M54 or M35 to that to transport troops to and from the battlefield,but time till GA is short and I have 2 trucks to get ready,I'm not even gonna drive one to the meeting this weekend.But I explained this to Tarheel(Shannon),I think he is gonna take his deuce for troop transport.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks