• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Meetings in Hickory,NC

rsh253

Brandon,

Sorry you're not going to make it; but understand about trying to get ready for an event and not having enough time. (I'm going through that with the SOV event.) That would be great if Shannon can bring his deuce.

-Russ

MDSA

Brandon,

I'll be by in the AM but no Deuce. I have a sprung an oil leak around the base of an oil filter cannister. Just found it driving around with the boys. Doubt I'll get to it that early.

AMGeneral

Once again the monthly meeting has completely slipped my mind,But it will be held this coming Saturday,Nov 21 at 9 AM,same place as before.

I guess i'll drive the Deuce since the 5 ton decided to blow a wheel cylinder.

MDSA

Brandon, I plan to be there. Right now I plan to drive the pickup as I may be delivering a tire to Russ. I'm just getting too old to toss mounted 900's into the back of the Deuce. I'll come by your house by 8:30am Saturday.

Russ, are you still wanting me to bring a couple 900's for you to look at? Hope to see you Saturday.

Mtnrebel, it will be good to meet you.

rsh253

Brian,

I'll be there. I don't think I could get a duece wheel & tire into the back of a duece by myself even when I was young! You don't need to bring a selection, just the one. My first choice would be one with no cracking & not new tread, followed by perfect shape.

Shannon,

Will you be able to make it? If so, I can bring your sleeping bag.

-Russ

Last edited:

zyrtecx

I'm new the the MV world and a pretty new member to SS... I'm 35 miles from Hickory and use to live in Hickory and was wondering when and where does MV vehicles owners meet?

MDSA

Zyrtecx,

We usually meet the 2nd Saturday of the month at exit 33 on 321 South, the Startown exit. there is a truck stop/Exxon station to the east with a diner. We meet for breakfast at 9.

AMGeneral

Zyrtecx,

I'm guessing by your location that you live along I-40,possibly west of Morganton? If you want you can meet Brian and I here at the house and convoy with us.

PM me and i'll send you directions.

mtnrebel

toomany.....coming from charlotte, right of the ramp, at the exxon fuel stop on right. it is a mini-truckstop, cant missit, only thing off the exit ramp. we usually park on the far side of the building, and we usually hang out in the parking lot for a bit to see who is going to show up, if there are no mv, look for white ram dually or silver f-150.

rsh253

Guys,

Toomanyhobbies will be riding up with me to the meeting. Planning on taking the (heaterless) deuce, unless it is just too darn cold.

Hope to see some of the rest of you guys there.

-Russ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks