• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEMBER DOWN, Washington, PA

chux72vette

Hey all, I am on the phone now with him, Simon, and he is at 1249 W. Chestnut St, Washington, PA. He will need batteries which he can buy at NAPA or Walmart. Figure a work around to get it started. Maybe towing lights for the back wired to one of the batteries and a push button for his brake lights, etc...
I work in Washington I just texted him he said the truck was still there but said his phone was dying. I will run over to the address after I get off from work tonight to see if I can help in any way.

Cinman37

Smith's auto (napa) is just up the street from him a mile or two, they would probably deliver parts / batteries to him, talk to Brian he is a good dude, 724-222-1080

chux72vette

Thanx Cin as I relayed that info to him. Not sure what they have and price wise. Told him about Wally world too. Tried getting hold Buzzin on PGHOR with a PM. Will see.
Smith's auto (napa) is just up the street from him a mile or two, they would probably deliver parts / batteries to him, talk to Brian he is a good dude, 724-222-1080

joshs1ofakindxj

One of our local jeep offroad club members helped him put two batteries in, the truck started, but it isn't charging, and I guess he was going to hit the road when our club member had to go back to work. I live about 40 miles east of where he broke down on Rt 70 so if he makes it this far he can use my garage for troubleshooting. I left a voice message and texted so I will just wait and see if he contacts me.

joshs1ofakindxj

He is on his way to my place. I will check alternator output first. Anything special there? If it is dead there are two local alternator shops we can hit. I also downloaded the 939 wiring schematic P2P program, sweet!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is a straight M931 with the 250 Cummins the alternator is the same as the M35 and M809s. You may have trouble finding anyone to work on one.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There seems a bigger problem here, the under-dash smoking, hooking up the batteries may give more smoke, or the possibility of bare wires due to heat (smoke usually comes from heat). Has ANYBODY thought to find the source of the smoke AND fixing that. With loose wires at the batteries would lead someone to think just maybe there just might be a wireing problem. With the the NO CHARGING, is he going to go though a help call EVERYTIME the batteries drain down, OR the next HELP CALL is when the truck catches fire.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But Ron, the thought here is if we get it charging it will produce enough smoke to find the problem under the dash (or what's left of it).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
But Ron, the thought here is if we get it charging it will produce enough smoke to find the problem under the dash (or what's left of it).
OMG, I NEVER thought of that, I was just thinking about possible more wiring damage or even a truck FIRE, how silly of me.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope he has full coverage(insurance).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
with towing?

seano11

If it is a straight M931 with the 250 Cummins the alternator is the same as the M35 and M809s. You may have trouble finding anyone to work on one.
Negative on that they are all a little bit different the 800 series has a plug I believe. And the 900 series is a wire that goes on a post under a cap. Gonna be pretty hard to find a shop to fix it also. Your best bet is to buy a 90 dollar genset from one of those china made stores and use a battery charger to keep the battery's topped up well driving. He can keep moving as long as he zip ties the solenoid open

Carlo

with towing?
Mr. E could he not bring it back with no battery charging? The motor is the old style non eletric type. The pump is manual. The shut off is electrical but thats it. He would only need juice for the stop lights and trun signals, no? Once he gets it going with the jump it should not shut off by it self, no?

seano11

Mr. E could he not bring it back with no battery charging? The motor is the old style non eletric type. The pump is manual. The shut off is electrical but thats it. He would only need juice for the stop lights and trun signals, no? Once he gets it going with the jump it should not shut off by it self, no?
There's a fuel shot off solenoid is there now kinda a little spring loaded plunger that needs power to keep it in or out I can't remember

joshs1ofakindxj

He has 25 volts and change coming out of the alternator, the truck turns off and re-starts, nothing is smoking, the batteries have 25 volts and change as well. We shut it off and it re-starts. I looked under the dash and found nothing cooked. Not sure what else to do here other than tell him best of luck. He is hanging out and charging his phone right now. He has a family member in a chase vehicle at this point anyways.