• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Member stranded in Lodi Oh. NOW!!!!!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spend an hour sleeping in a day cab every night-You have to have plenty of pillows, and even then, the butt gets sore.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Years ago my unit at Fort Benning went to Fort Chaffe Arkansas to support the Rangers.

I drove one of our M916's pulling a lowbay with D8 Dozer on the back.

The night before we left we packed everything up in a pouring rain and slept in our trucks.

Sleeping over the steering wheel in that truck was an exercise in uncomfortablism. My co-driver had the dummy seat but didn't have anywhere to lay his head....at least I could put my field jacket on the wheel for a pillow.

I let the engine idle all night so we could stay warm and dry out.

The next day we drove back to Fort Benning....I have never been so glad to get out of a truck in my life.

Good thing the guys got it fixed and didn't have to spend the night in it.

goldneagle

Watch that horn button! (Ask me how I know) Of course, that was in an M35. The horn stays live as long as there's air in the tanks.
You can always disconnect it where it comes out of the steering column or at the horn. Plug it back in the morning.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks