• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Members in/around Charlotte NC

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the historic/antique registration is very cheap. BUT, it comes with a lot of restrictions on what you can do with the vehicle. Basically, You're only supposed to drive the vehicle to/from shows. I think that's correct.

69M35A2

I believe the historic/antique registration is very cheap. BUT, it comes with a lot of restrictions on what you can do with the vehicle. Basically, You're only supposed to drive the vehicle to/from shows. I think that's correct.
I'll check up on that, if that's the case then I'm just gonna fork out the money and get weighted tags.

Scottd9990

Got my tag today no problems!!! Went with weighted at 17000 lbs, tax title and tags right at $400.00 outvthe door. This was a SC truck so had to pay taxes. The Tag fee was right at $230.00 I think. Anyway I am legal and ready to travel.

69M35A2

Got my tag today no problems!!! Went with weighted at 17000 lbs, tax title and tags right at $400.00 outvthe door. This was a SC truck so had to pay taxes. The Tag fee was right at $230.00 I think. Anyway I am legal and ready to travel.
I checked up with the local DMV and Antique tags will be $52 with property tax and all, I think I'm gonna just go with that for now just to get on the road. One step closer to being able to ride the trails man.

Scottd9990

Yes I am really looking forward to a few trips!! Lets plan a weekend meet/ campout at Uwharrie sometime soon?? Trails are closed right now but lots of dirt roads to run around on. NC Campout Weekend!!

Scottd9990

Torn up yard!!!

I pulled a bone head move today. Just had to get my truck out for a trip to lowes and a coke, mostly because I got it registered yesterday and I wanted to play with my toy. Tore my yard to pieces getting the truck out of the back yard where it lives. Sooo spent the afternoon raking the ruts back and spreading straw over the mess. At lease now the truck is out and available for another Coke trip!! :)

Yep! Bone Head move!!

Scott :tigger:

Scottd9990

New Years Fire Pit party!! Each year I have a large fire and all the neighbors come and have a great time around the fire pit. If any of you Steel Heads are local and want to come out you are most welcome!! PM me for address. Located in Concord close to the speedway. Warning: May be some drinking, cussing, and Tater Guns involved.

Fire starts around 7pm.

Always a Great Time!!

Scott

69M35A2

New Years Fire Pit party!! Each year I have a large fire and all the neighbors come and have a great time around the fire pit. If any of you Steel Heads are local and want to come out you are most welcome!! PM me for address. Located in Concord close to the speedway. Warning: May be some drinking, cussing, and Tater Guns involved.

Fire starts around 7pm.

Always a Great Time!!

Scott
This New Years I'm going to do a little fishing and drinking on the Cape Fear, also I put up my official build thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?133817-69M35A2-s-Deuce-and-a-Half-Build-Thread

Another Ahab

The last time I checked there were a lot of good BBQ joints in Lexington!
Last time I checked:

- Whole entire State of NC was nothing BUT good BBQ joints:

- Little funky mom-and-pop joints EVERYWHERE you turned.

- And Excellent (NC) BBQ at every one of them.

BBQ_NCVariations.jpg

Last edited:

kfrosty

Trying to revive this thread. Just picked up a M932A2 & 923A2. I have some ideas I'm kicking around for these. Looking for others in the area with experience with 5 tons or like me just jumping in.

Kris
NineEightZero-285-708zero

wb1895

I live here in Lexington. Yes, all of the BBQ joints are great, so if you want to meet up one day we can have lunch. I can drive the deuce and we can meet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks