• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial Day Parades in NNJ

SteveKuhn

Now Scott already posted this great photo of his 5 ton in Flemington yesterday, but it needed to be included here, too 'cause he's one of us. He just won't readily admit he's the SAA.
This is My M813A1 in the Memorial Day Parade in Flemington NJ , 2013

There were quite a few of us out and around Sunday and Monday (and would have been on Saturday if those events didn't get rained out). Altogether I counted 19 events where the club's members showed up, quite a few of us with 3 - 4 appearances a day.

I know that EMR was cruising, and M816 and the gracious and beautiful Linda were on the road 'cause I read his AAR (didn't see any pitchers, though!).

Digger09 and his family, featuring his professional crowd-waver daughter were out on Sunday runs with us and has a couple of pictures. I saw Art snapping photos at his annual post-parade BBQ, too. I hope they'll add them to this thread, along with any of the other members who were driving our circuit.

These are a couple of my M105 advertising the USS Ling's Memorial Service, my truck with the Korean War Vets in Saddle Brook, and part of the lineup beside the Guard guys at Wyckoff for the mandatory after-parade dogs. I can't wait until I get a copy of the one with the 10 - 12 y/o girl's choir in the Deuce. Now that's planning. I spent most of the parade trying not to drown them out or choke them with smoke.

I love these from Bergenfield, last stop before Art's shindig . . . I wouldn't post links but the paper is Veeerry fussy about copyrights. The one of Jimmy driving the Mule and John waving is among my favorites. The last is Digger09, Art, Jack, then me. Art's CUCV is someplace there.

http://www.northjersey.com/photos/Photos_North_Jersey_commemorates_Memorial_Day_.html?photo=3&c=y

http://www.northjersey.com/photos/Photos_North_Jersey_commemorates_Memorial_Day_.html?photo=2&c=y

http://www.northjersey.com/photos/Photos_North_Jersey_commemorates_Memorial_Day_.html?photo=4&c=y

Hope y'all enjoy them.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

FormerNewMVGuy

Now Scott already posted this great photo of his 5 ton in Flemington yesterday, but it needed to be included here, too 'cause he's one of us. He just won't readily admit he's the SAA.
This is My M813A1 in the Memorial Day Parade in Flemington NJ , 2013

Its always an Honor Being the" Sargent at Arms " For the MTA, Its a great club , and you guys are the best! Thanks for including a pic of my rig in this thread!

Last edited:

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple more pics from the parades. It was great bringing my daughter in her first parade today. Oh yeah and second since she was with me in 2 of the 3 parades we did. We really did have NNJ covered yesterday. Sorry I missed the BBQ afterwards but my co waver was tired out from all the waving. 20130527_085557.jpg20130527_104602.jpg20130527_123138-1-1.jpg20130527_123703.jpg20130527_124108.jpg20130527_135040.jpg20130527_135129.jpg

emr

Thanks Guys !!!! We had an awesome day, My AAR was a parade kick off at Mt. Lakes 0900 and then raced to the Parssippany parade, But I have not done that one in 5 years and when i got there i was alone,:( I Got our Buddy Brent on the Phone because He has a Smart phone and could check the web site, He said His Dad was out in the M 38 heading to a different location than i was in , So I ran over to the place Terry , Brents dad was going to, Apparently the town now changes it every year to different sides of the huge town ! :( Brents Dad, Terry A Salty awesome Marine in the M 38 supporting the 50 Cal Proud and true, Looked at me and said" I think we are in the wrong place :)" Well thats two for me I said," ( All good It happens ) Then after a bunch of calls, Remember it is hard to reach guys in Mil vehilces driving, I finaly reached the Doyle Brothers...They gave me directions to a third location>>> And A new member Paul was also there at His very first parade too, Congrats Paul !!!:) Another good reason to make it, It is always a good time to be with the guys, And new ones for sure :) , >>And Yes they were in the Line up back on the other side of town near where i started out :) Hey Why Not :) Well Terry and I high tailed it over, We entered the Parade route at the end and waved at the crowds all the way down, As we pulled past the lead Police car starting to pull out, The Doyle Brothers waved me in front of them and I swung the 925 up the lawn of the Apartment complex, waving to the people sitting, " Dont move i got plenty of room, I backed out on the road and In my mirror a young fellow threw His chair and ran :) Guess he didnt realize i had no intention of backing anywhere near that side of the road, Terry was there as Back up and Just starred at the kid laughing holding His pipe like he does :) In two sweet sweeps, i got a nice applouse from the crowd, and Me and Terry lead the parade off and waved to every one again :) All of our events are awesome and amazing , We have a great group of great personalitys , On Memorial day we put like way over 60 vehicles on the road in NJ... A plug for our parade / event coordinator Pete, He fills over 30 events every year , And last year every one was full and this year is going over even Bigger with even more MTA Guys coming out, !!!

Last edited:

emr

Here's a plug for Steel Soldiers and the MTA and joint ventures with any and all clubs really, Many MTA guys are already on this site and members as Vendors, or just enjoying this awesome site, All SS guys know during the MTA show we want any and ALL SS guys to come and enjoy what we do,Come early stay late. And I must say You guys sure showed up BIG time :) , Any SS guys that want to enjoy a year with the MTA please feel free to check us out, mtaofnj.org. I Push Steel Soldier membership and use on our list a few times a year and at mtg's also, I have said it before here, SS is helping the Hobby grow, It is a very well run site and does everything right in my eyes, very proud to be part of it, You will see an invite to do the NYC Vets parade again as we have done in years past, Joint memberships, or just come have some fun, It helps us ALL :) Thanks Steel Soldiers !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks