• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial day weekend at the liberty memorial kansas city 2013

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
May 25th to 27th Everyone is invited to our annual Memorial Day meet at the only NATIONAL WWI memorial in the US. We start setting up Saturday afternoon and go through Monday. Sunday night we have front row seats for a huge fire works display, (last year they shot it in reverse) as the Kansas City Symphony plays down the hill from us. Camping on site but no RV hook ups. Some of us Monday will drive a few blocks to the KC Vietnam Memorial for their ceremony. You do not need to be a member of the MVPA to show up and display your MV, even modified are welcome. I will have the TFK I will have the TFK set up and 818tfk.jpg
serve free breakfast Sunday and Monday.

Map link http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...=X&ei=fBaMUa7xHuSEjALploDwBg&ved=0CJMBEPwSMAA We set up inside the grounds on the East side of the entry drive.

Liberty memorial link http://theworldwar.org/visit/upcoming-events

Attachments

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

I will atleast stop by. Hopefully I can stay a while.

Depending on my travel schedule I may have the deuce's radiator in the shop gettin fixed. It has a little leak.

Last edited:

Aswayze

I'll try to boondock it on up there in my M151 on Monday depending on when I get back in town. It's small and can slink in somewhere pretty easily. Most of the rest of my stuff is in the midst of it's post East Wind PMCS so is not really in fit to show form.

Did just get the smoke generator put back together though... I'll bet we could horrify half the city with that one.

I guess I'll ask about the elephant in the room while we are at it:

Is "everyone" welcome out there or just local MVPA approved folks?

Aswayze

Excellent, I just wanted to make sure :)

Edit: Going to tie up the remaining repair work on the M151 and plan to be out with that little monster for sure on Monday morning.

Last edited:

Aswayze

Trying to get some other weekend details finalized (another M151 for East Wind) but it is looking like I should be back in town by Saturday night so I may scoot on up for a bit on Sunday as well. I'll need to pull the top down on the 151 stuff the radios on board and load on all the slinky sneaky canvas. Can't be having the 151 looking all frumpy for the public you know.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We really don't set up till late Saturday/early Sunday morning but at 13:00 some of us went up by the memorial to get a group 003.jpg picture. My SS banner (thanks Doc) 004.jpggot hay wire on my ac unit then my camera wacked out!008.jpg Had about 12 more MV's roll in later in the day. Got to get up early to get the biscuits in the oven and the SOS cooking.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Wow went down early this morning to do breakfast had watched the weather, storms to the north and maybe a chance of light rain bands which would move through quickly. Yea right lying weather dude, started raining light at 8:15 then wammo 1" an hour for the next 2 got 2.7 by noon! Camera dead no photos. Well one, browning ground beef for the SOS003.jpg stole these from sometfk2013a.jpgtfk2013.jpgmd2013.jpgone else. Tried 5 different times to finish getting the desert paint done on the truck but outside with 15MPH winds it was a no go.

Last edited: