• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial day Wheelin??

85-m1028

anyone goin wheeling this weekend ?? if so were? I'm planning to go sunday or monday but not quite sure where, post up your favorite spot and some pics if you got em. The Memorial day Weekend Thread!! yaaa!! 8) :D

Adamlee

Memorial Day parades and such....

emmado22 said:
Do parades count?
yea, hopefully the weather will hold up for Rolling Thunder on Sunday, as well as Warrenton and/or Manassass parades Monday.....

looks like the weather is supposed to cooperate....any SteelSoldiers planning on the Run to the Wall? Should be a big'un, especially with the good weather forecast.....something like 300-500,000 bikes/bikers etc last year....pretty cool ride, meet interesting people, that kind of thing.

Plus, we drive the only MV's in the whole thing, for the Gold Star Mothers....

the parade route goes down Constitution Ave, crosses the Mall, heads down by the FDR/WWII memorials, ends up on the lawn area south side of the reflecting pool & Vietnam Memorial (the Wall)....

FrankUSMC

I will be setting up our 1943 Ford Jeep for Church services on Sunday. Our little church is 90% Marines, so most members are just getting back from Irac, are now in Irac, or getting ready to go over. Even our back up pastor is a WWII Marine Raider. We will do the whole service from the hood of the jeep. We also stick 3 M1 Garands with bayonets in the ground with helmets from the 3 services during WWII about 30 feet from were the services are held. In side the church will be set up as a merorial with photos and artifacts. I fill up a couple of tables with my WWII guns and photos of my Dad (WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam). One lady puts several photos of her brother out. He was a very young Marine 2nd Lt. Took off from Guadalcanal in 1942 and was never seen again.
This will not be a 3 day week end for us, but a time to remember those who gave all for our tomorrows.
God Bless them all.
Not as lean, not as mean, but still a Marine. Frank

rizzo

I'm going to a mudbog tomorrow with the kids (no trucks). they have a 1953 M246 there for recovery. they just bought it Monday, drove it home about 15 miles. I guess it runs ok, but is rusted and beat up a little. They don't know anything about military vehicles(or much about havin a bog) but they saw my 108 at Vinces bog and ran across the 246 so they bought it. Should be a interesting day. One of my friends predicted that I will end up down there with a truck to do some recovery work anyway.

rizzo

I went to the mudbog today. It was a nice one. Not sure if he is gonna have anymore. the township stopped by and wrote him a $1000 ticket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks