• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memories of CUCV

salami-cop

I will never forget going up north in the mid 80's in Michigan. I remember driving north on I-75 and passing the GM Flint Metal Fab Plant. I can remember seeing rows and rows of M-1008's and M-1009's in the parking lot of the plant. They were waiting to get shipped on the Grand Trunk Railroad. What an impression that made on me. Does any one have any pic's of the parking lot of the GM Metal Fab Plant when they were making the CUCV? It would be cool to see that again. :-D

I will never forget riding in the back of one for the first time at Fort Custer!!

stonewalljac

Yea I lived in Pontiac at that time. And I would drive up to Saginaw to go deer Hunting, And like you said you could look down from I-75 down to the parking lots and their were 40 acres of new CUCV's waiting for delivery. sure would like to have one in that condition now!

Armada

I used to work off of I75 and Bristol Rd. for an engineering firm, and I remember those huge lots of trucks. It was a sea of green. They would also park and load them across the street from the truck plant. There were many times on Bristol while waiting for the light that I would watch them drive the trucks from the plant to across the street.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks