• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memphis Equipment Company

'48Chevy6

I have heard good things about them, though I've never dealt directly with them. I did buy my first M35 at auction when they closed their PA location last fall. Talk about a big collection of green iron... WOW

Heavysteven

I use CSI in Talaposa alot. Sometimes they are expensive and i go to OD Iron. Although the guy that works in parts Tom is very friendly and always answers my questions. This is a big reason i keep buying from them.

Stalwart

Did you call Memphis and tell them about it? If so, did they make any effort to make things right?
Sure did, I'd have to spend the $200 to send it back and they would "see" what was wrong with it. Then I'd have to pay whatever they thought would be fair, then another $200 to send it back to me. I gave the truck away and cut my losses.

One of our local members had "rebuilt" one from them (Memphis) and when it failed he took it to a local rebuilder. They found numerous assembly errors including damaged seals and o-rings, his transmission worked fine after having his rebuilt transmission "rebuilt" by someone else.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hear me now and believe me later, when you look up "reputable surplus truck dealer" in the dictionary, there is a picture of Memphis Equipment there. Sure they are expensive, but have you been to your local Caterpillar dealer lately? Max and co. up there have been doing a great job since army trucks became popular after WWII.

mikeroot2

I've bought a few things from them. Their prices lack a little to be desired, but sometimes they're the only ones who have what you need. Good people to deal with though and quick shipping.

markmontana

I can't say anything good or bad about Memphis- but in general- a professional business is going to cost more, and the better they are the more likely they are to be higher priced. It takes money to build buildings, hire GOOD help and insure it all. I can sell stuff out of my garage all day for cheap, but a good stocking dealer can be worth paying a bit extra.

Our world is changing, you can find stuff online for bargain prices, but when you need it now, it's great to stop by a brick and mortar store and walk out with the right item.

2cents

Stalwart

In that same dictonary you'll see a caption of " untrained monkeys" and you'll see a picture of the guys at Memphis putting together an automatic transmission.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have been to Memphis Equipment in Memphis and they have an impressive facility.....they make a lot of money refurbing
military vehicles for the construction industry and overseas sales.
They do have a lot of parts that are hard to find and, I assume, a big overhead. I ordered some deuce front spring hangers from
them and was told they were new when I ordered them.
When they arrived it was obvious that they had been cut off a truck (cut marks from torch), sandblasted and painted.
I paid for new ones and got refurbs. They cost 50 bucks a pop and they nailed me for shipping.
I would only buy from them again as a last resort

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have always gone the extra mile for me. I pulled in at 0700 with a blown exhaust gasket while on one of my infamous road trips, having driven all night to get there. They fixed it that day, very kind of them. Yes they are expensive, but have always helped me. I have nothing negative to say about them. Those automatic transmissions are trouble, there is no doubt about it. An early design of an automatic transmission. I think I would have sent it back and when it was found broken, negotiated with them to pick up half the shipping. Of course I would have been very unhappy about it but I have never been cheated by them, ever. Any typical warranty involves returning the item to the depot at your cost, then receiving it back at their cost. But what is done is done. There are some places I will never return to as well.

I bought lots of parts from Memphis . I try to have parts before I start a project but when I need to order parts after it is torn down . Memphis is great they do ship the same day no waiting for parts A+

emr

Since we are being honest here, they NEVER went one extra inch for me even after a $5,000.00 3 month spree. they are rude when it comes to doing anything that is not paid for. I will gladly explain all in an E mail for anyone who wants to deal with them, like all businesses, there are some easy sales , and some that take extra help. they were NOT knowledgable at all on injection pumps, and i had to get the guy who new it all, and he did not answer any of my questions, i already have alot of basic knowledge, I prefer at TOP dollar to have someone who legit knows more than I do. I am always willing to stand by what I say when it is a fact and this is a fact. ...Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks