• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memphis Equipment Rebuild Question

kurtze99

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with Memphis Equipment rebuilds. I found two deuces that were rebuilt by M.E. They are Reos and appear to have some type of overdrive boxes on them, 12v setup different seats. My dad went and looked at them and I hope to be able to in the next week or so. I will get pics. and more info. then. Main thing I'm wondering is if these do have overdrive boxes and if this was a common thing Memphis Equipment done. These might be worth buying to get the overdrive if so. One is complete and "runs" the other one has the radiator out and a few other parts off but is supposed to run. I figured if I can go look at them I will get all the info. and call M.E. to see if they have records on them. I just thought if anyone could share any knowledge of them I would appreciate it. Thanks, Paul

kirk

They have a modification that lets you manually shift the automatic transmission. I bought one for my m135. a shift lever is added that selects the gear. Without it the transmission tends to shift when you don't want it to.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Memphis has never added "overdrive boxes" to Reos (G742). Are you looking at the transfer case? Memphis has done a wonderful job over the years turning tired, unwanted (until now) army trucks into useful tools for business. That meant tactical goodies ended up in the scrap bin . . . but someone here will sell you all that to make her a soldier again.

kurtze99

I will have to look to be sure but the way he described it that there was a aux. gear box between the trans. and transfer case. Not sure though. Thanks, Paul

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They used to offer a kit to convert a sprag t-case into a shiftable in/out front end. It was called the REB kit. I don't know what all was involed in the conversion or if that is what you're talking about though. From what I remember from the pics I've seen it added a shifter in the floorboard and there was a dash plate on how to use it.

If it does happen to be a two speed box I would like to know more :-D.

D-Man

I had a REB shift kit in my M211 and I can tell you that it is fantastic. It is a 4-speed shifter that is attached to the shift tower. It is manually shifted and is clutchless so you can keep it in the gear of your choice without the "hunting" that would occasionally occur if you didn't have it in the hilly mode. It was very precise and crisp (except perhaps 3rd low) shifting up and down. Yes, it does still retain low and high range.

I can't say enough good things about the M211 truck and that REB kit. If I remember correctly, the complete setup was only about $450-500. Worth every dime.

Good luck!

JDToumanian

...Note that the REB kit for the M211 and the REB kit for M35 variants are different - the kit for the M211 is for the automatic transmission and the kit for the M35s is for the transfer case. Memphis calls both of them "REB Kits" even though they're totally different.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks