• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memphis to Albany, GA to Hattiesburg,MS 5/7-5/8

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Left memphis at 630am. Headed to albany. Got spares this time. Running great with new pump and lines.

Its 11:15 almost to Birmingham, AL

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Heading east out of Montgomery. Headed up just beyond Tuskegee and cutting over to Columbus

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Arrived about 6pm. Leaving at 830. Making tracks towards pcola for the night

sandcobra164

Had a fun evening with Simp5782. It was quite a loadout, I almost have a loading dock in the old school bus turn around. A little shovel work to make some holes for the trailer to back down into and some study 4X4s along with some awesome backing led to a generator loaded onto a trailer. Simp is a tall guy but he is not afraid of work which was great. Digging the hole took some effort towards the bottom but he wanted to get the genny loaded and avoid another 1,000 mile round trip. All of his stuff out here is gone unless he purchases something else out of Albany.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its 11pm. Just made it to i10 in marianna, florida. Going to try to make it to near Pensacola tonight before i call it a night. Truck is running awesome and pulls great. Cool air helps alot. Running 56 to 58. Speed limit is 55. Brakes on trailer have a leak so will get that fixed in hattiesburg. Truck has no issue stopping it though. The pump mod helped alot. Very impressed. Update when I stop for the night

Got 8mpg on the way down 410miles on 57 gallons. Will check this mileage tomorrow

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Made to mobile around 430. Took a break. Fueled up for 66 gallons on 406 miles with a 6mpg avg was 100miles with. No load. I had a free weigh ticket for a scale so i stepped her on it. Arrived in hattiesburg around 615am. At Walmart getting some stuff. Truck ran well. 55 degree temps help alot.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well I made it back to Memphis about 930am on Monday morning. Got Tired around Midnight Monday morning and decided to crash for a few hours. Did stop and replace my fuel filter after I noticed a sluggish start and trying to cut out at idle. When I got the 66gallons in Mobile I had it sucking some air on stops and turns Going to resolve that issue this week on the fuel sloshing around.

Truck has the best power right around 1900rpms or 59mph. It will pull up hills with 3/4 throttle with the loaded trailer. I noticed the power drop off around 2050 or 2100rpms. Did very well with stopping the trailer without the trailer having any brakes.

Did 900miles in 24hours in it though.. My house to SandCobra's place was 501 miles.630am Sat got there at 6pm CST. Left at 830pm CST Then I did the 398 miles from his place thru Pensacola all the way to Hattiesburg and got there at 615am Sunday morning. Not to bad of a haul. If I didn't have an air ride seat I would be one hurting Son of a gun at the moment. Rode like a Cadillac though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks