• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

menards or lowes have a paint that works?

meindl

I use automotive brand paints, mainly dupont. I do not really want to spend $135 a gallon to paint my deuce, and would rather get it locally than order it. Does Lowes or Menards have a type that anyone has used? I will be spraying it of course. Valspar or Sherwin Williams possible? The low or semi-gloss seems to be difficult to get in the color I want, flat black not a problem. Any answers.
Thank you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search! A recipie for paint at lowes or homedepot has been posted before.

"lowes paint", or "homedepot paint"

Last edited:

twlinks

I agree with the above replies. "Any" of the major brand paints are gonna work just fine...Behr, Porter, SW, Valspar...etc. They are all quality paints so it's really just deciding on the color. I have a paint contracting business and I couldn't tell you how many metal store front facades we've painted over the years. If it's prepped properly, it's going to be ok....and a heck of a lot cheaper, not to mention touch up of scratches that you know are going to happen. Good luck and post the pics when you're done.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a whole thread for this type of paint...

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always use Gillespie from Rapco. Order 4 gallons to save $$$$, and it's a good reason to buy another truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks