• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002 diesel leak

mtfleming

Injection pump is dripping off the end of the lock wire. Do I only need to buy the control unit o-ring or a complete kit to fix it? The kit number from am-bac is KT85166. A kit with three less parts is KT85236.

Ray70

The leak is most likely the seal inside the control lever assembly, not the external o-ring. I'd just get a new control lever kit. You have to take the pump off to change it so might as well be sure it's fixed the first time!

Ray70

I don't think either of the PN's you listed are what you need, they both seem like rebuild gasket kits.
You need a new control lever assembly PN. CU 8514A , item 14 in the Ambac pump diagram. This will come with the external o-ring on it.
When the throttle lever leaks around the shaft it's the seal inside the control lever, which is non-serviceable because the lever is assembled then the end is welded on.
You don't need to take anything else apart to change the control lever, so none of the other gaskets are needed at this point.

mtfleming

Thanks for the info!
I don't think either of the PN's you listed are what you need, they both seem like rebuild gasket kits.
You need a new control lever assembly PN. CU 8514A , item 14 in the Ambac pump diagram. This will come with the external o-ring on it.
When the throttle lever leaks around the shaft it's the seal inside the control lever, which is non-serviceable because the lever is assembled then the end is welded on.
You don't need to take anything else apart to change the control lever, so none of the other gaskets are needed at this point.
I’m assuming there’s a gasket between the pump and engine. Will I need a new one to reinstall the pump? Is there a thread that describes how to do this and get the pump in proper time?
Thanks

Ray70

In the TM section of this forum you can find the manuals for this machine, the removal and install instructions are in the section about the Injection pump. It's pretty straight forward. There is a flat spacer shim and an o-ring against the block. You can usually reuse the o-ring, I have seen some where they added a thin layer or gasket maker around the o-ring for added measure, just try not to get too much silicone on the mating surface of the block or pump because the shim sets the spacing of the drive gear so you don't want to build up too much silicone and alter that spacing dimension too much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks