• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002 -- throttle linkage issues

Heavyopp

Anyone have a fix for the ball and socket connection at the Injector pump?

What happens is the ball and socket connection keeps coming apart. It's the one on the lower end of the linkage with the spring in it. Connects the arm from the throttle adjuster to the IP. My fuel shut off solenoid hits it so hard that it knocks the socket right off the ball.

I've taken it apart and inside the socket there was a small steel ring. That's shot and in 2 pieces.

I was thinking about finding a rubber O-Ring that was the exact fit and using that to lock the ball into the socket.

Any thoughts? Anyone figure this out already and care to share?

As always, Thanks for any info.

jbk

you need to find another. i had the sames problem and i super glued it together. this worked until i found a replacement at delks.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
do you have part #'s you can post up. That would help a lot for future reference.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, here is a summary of the information in case the link stops working down the road...

10-32 Teleflex Ball joint kit...West Marine Part #161549...Manufacturer Part #013799-001

1/4-28 Teleflex Ball joint kit...West Marine Part #161531...Manufacturer Part #031126

panic_button

Here's a picture of it installed. My wife reminded me that I used an Allen head screw to attach to the lever, 6-32 is the right head size to fit in the joint, and not slip out, .35 at Ace.

I was trying to find a heim joint, but Granger & McMaster wanted too much for shipping.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks