• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002A 003A 004A 005A Drop in Spin on Fuel filter adapter

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Kahles56

PM Ray 70 and he will get with you.

I bought 2 fuel filters adaptors and one oil filter adaptor with shipping for $315.00
The fuel filters are anywhere from 30-60$ , just depends on where you source them., I will tell you get them online and save almost half or get 2 sets and they will be equal to NAPA prices.

Also but some new fuel line , I think 3/8 ,50psi rubber will work if you want to rebuild the fuel lines.
Also get some Rubber Electrical tape and place one wrap of tape in a spiral on outside of rubber fuel line to increase the exterior diameter of the fuel line. to tighten up the rubber fuel line when installing the fittings on the new hose.

My fuel lines cracked and leaked , this was what I did until I can source the correct fuel line in bulk.

Ray70

For filters you can buy in bulk from Fleet filters or my local Oriley's was only about $12 ea. for the fuel filters and $6 for the 51515 oil. but I have a commercial account so it's probably a little more retail.

Jason, send me a PM and we can talk about your needs.
Thanks
Ray.

Guyfang

Staff member
PM Ray 70 and he will get with you.

I bought 2 fuel filters adaptors and one oil filter adaptor with shipping for $315.00
The fuel filters are anywhere from 30-60$ , just depends on where you source them., I will tell you get them online and save almost half or get 2 sets and they will be equal to NAPA prices.

Also but some new fuel line , I think 3/8 ,50psi rubber will work if you want to rebuild the fuel lines.
Also get some Rubber Electrical tape and place one wrap of tape in a spiral on outside of rubber fuel line to increase the exterior diameter of the fuel line. to tighten up the rubber fuel line when installing the fittings on the new hose.

My fuel lines cracked and leaked , this was what I did until I can source the correct fuel line in bulk.
Jason can not PM anyone, as he has not enough posts. So Jason, you can PM Patracy, and he can Forward your PM, or someone here in this thread can bump Ray.

Guyfang

Staff member
For filters you can buy in bulk from Fleet filters or my local Oriley's was only about $12 ea. for the fuel filters and $6 for the 51515 oil. but I have a commercial account so it's probably a little more retail.

Jason, send me a PM and we can talk about your needs.
Thanks
Ray.

Everyone, you need to look at how many posts someone has made. When its like Jason, very few, they can not PM anyone but Patracy.

JasonSu

Everyone, you need to look at how many posts someone has made. When its like Jason, very few, they can not PM anyone but Patracy.
Thanks Guyfang. Realized I could only send to Patracy (did), but couldnt figure out why. Feels a bit like a catch-22 :) Anyway, thank you all for being so responsive. I'm installing a VR today that I picked up from another member last week.

zeuss347

I've finished making the first batch of adapters and have posted an ad in the Classified section.
Also check out the new pictures of a 3 filter set up ( water separator , coarse filter and fine filter )
Those with a keen eye will notice that both filters are the same PN, that was only for the pictures because the coarse filter is still on order so I used a water separator and 2 of the same 3 micron filters for the picture.
Everything fits in place perfectly.
How can I get this set up for my Mel-003a?

60Hertz

Hello Ray,

I am interested in the spin-on fuel filter adapter, and do not see an ad in the classified section. Can you direct me to the proper location, or provide purchasing details? Thank You, Stephen.

zeuss347

Last week I mentioned developing an easy to use spin-on fuel filter adapter for use rather than the the WIX 24470

Here is a look at the first production parts off the CNC machine and mounted on my 002A for your viewing pleasure.

These adapters drop right in place of the original Fram canister housings used on Mep-002a through 005A and maybe 006A ( I don't own one to verify )
They are drilled and tapped on top to utilize the original 3 mounting bolts.
They are tapped on the sides to accept the original 1/4" NPT 90* fittings from your housings.
Even the original fuel lines can be used in multiple different configurations.
You need NOTHING else other than the filters of your choice with a standard 1-14 center thread
The O.D is equal to the outermost Dia. of the Fram housing for exact clearance and will accept every filter with a gasket dimensions between 2.375 ID and 4.0" OD.

This design will eliminate all the plugs and adapters needed when you use the WIX 24470 as well as needing to fabricate an ugly angle bracket.View attachment 826545View attachment 826546View attachment 826547View attachment 826548
It will also eliminate the potential leaks associated with the center bolt and canister gasket on the original Fram housing

You only need a 9/16" socket and a 5/8" wrench to do the entire conversion and it takes 15-20 minutes to retrofit a machine.

Simplest way to install is to remove the input line from your original water separator. remove the outfeed line at the 90* elbow next to the check valve.

Remove the 3 bolts attaching the original mount to the frame and lift out the entire filter canister / bracket assembly.

Remove the remaining hoses and the 3 bolts attaching each of the 3 housings to the bracket.

Remove the 90* fittings from 2 of your original housings.

Use thread sealer or Teflon tape and install the 90* fittings into the new Spin on adapters.

Mount the new adapters to the bracket in your preferred location using the original 3/8" bolts, being mindful of flow direction and your preferred hose routing.

Reattach the jumper hose between housings and the outfeed hose to the output of the last housing.

Remount the entire bracket assembly to the generator frame using the original 3 bolts.

Reattach the infeed and output hoses.

Spin on your favorite fuel filters and / or fuel water separator.

Stand back, admire your work and enjoy!

Once I upgrade my SS membership I will create a Classifieds ad. Until then feel free to PM for more info.View attachment 826545View attachment 826546View attachment 826547View attachment 826548

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray70

Ok, got it. I sent you a PM and a message through Paypal trying to get your address, guess you can ignore them!
The adapters will be headed your way shortly.

leedawg

Any chance you can share a link to the Classified Ad? I'm having difficulty finding it and am quite interested in the conversion (before I go spend $$ on the old filters again).
I would love to have an engineering drawing of these with dimensions if you were willing to share it but if not I understand. Great job on making these!!!

Ray70

Normally I am more than willing to help anyone in any way I can, but unfortunately I think sharing my drawings would be a bit like shooting myself in the foot.
It's easy enough for anyone to copy my design, but giving out the dimensions would make it virtually effortless for others to copy.
Hopefully you understand my position and thanks for the compliment!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks