• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A, 003A Fuel Pump Failures

Isaac-1

Well the gasket and filters arrived today, I installed them and everything looks great, while I was at it I noted that all 3 of my pumps have the cigar shaped RF filters. I also installed the new fuel filter on the MEP-016d, this was not fun, it is a small filter inside the fuel tank and has to be removed and installed through the little fuel tank fill neck, thankfully I found that I had an offset dogleg box wrench that would fit the top of the filter and allowed me to position it to install the new one.

Ike

p.s. the MEP-016d now runs

RichL

mep-002a fuel pump

Just had this problem today. Started generator only to have it shutdown after a couple minutes. Turned out the Negative battery teminal came off. Put terminal on, tighten it down, DC breaker kicks. Reset breaker, kicked again when I tried to start. Long story short, my pump was shorting out. Ever here of that.

Uloadit

That happened to me just cut out the wire on each end of the square box and run the wire off the pump and to the wire to the plug end eliminating the square box that is the noise suppressor

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just had this problem today. Started generator only to have it shutdown after a couple minutes. Turned out the Negative battery teminal came off. Put terminal on, tighten it down, DC breaker kicks. Reset breaker, kicked again when I tried to start. Long story short, my pump was shorting out. Ever here of that.

Yes, we have heard of that before....many times as a matter of fact. Do some more reading on the forum here and you'll see that you never want to unhook your battery while the set is running, intentionally or not. You'll be lucky if the only thing that got fried was the noise suppressor on the fuel pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks