• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002a & 3a control 'panels ???

hedgehog69

I am reassembling a MEP 003a. Fresh, rebuilt engine and I just got an A1 generator head from GL. My goal is to make this unit look as close to a 'new' unit as I can. I have been searching through these threads...trying to figure out if the control panels/electronics are the same for the 002a & the 003a units???

I have a parts 002a that the control panel/electronics look much better than the one that came with the 003a. I have the unit totally stripped down and dropped the base at the sandblaster yesterday. He is supposed to have it done mid-March.

I am also going to look for new info 'plates'. I did buy a new control panel face plate.

hedgehog69

Thanks! I was thinking the same. I entered "MEP 002a" on ebay. There is seller 'equipmentpartssales' that had MANY new parts. I may have gotten the only control panel face they had, but you need to take a look or send them an email. Ron

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the other guys said, the control boxes are the same. Even the AC disconnect boxes have the same parts in them (except for the main breaker). There is one small change in the AC disconnect box between the 002a and the 003a, but that has to do with wiring and not parts

ctfjr

You might want to keep an eye open on the GL auctions. I saw a new one go a few months ago & if I remember correctly it went for abt $300

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to keep an eye open on the GL auctions. I saw a new one go a few months ago & if I remember correctly it went for abt $300

You mean like this one??

I picked that up for $260, plus the $26 GL fee, plus $40 for my son to ship it from Oklahoma for me. Spare parts for my MEP-002A (or an 003A if I get one sometime soon). It appears that the one part I cannot use on the 002A from the control box is the current percentage meter.

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mean like this one??

I picked that up for $260, plus the $26 GL fee, plus $40 for my son to ship it from Oklahoma for me. Spare parts for my MEP-002A (or an 003A if I get one sometime soon). It appears that the one part I cannot use on the 002A from the control box is the current percentage meter.

John
The control panels are EXACTLY the same. The % load meter should be identical between the 002a and 003a

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! I was thinking the same. I entered "MEP 002a" on ebay. There is seller 'equipmentpartssales' that had MANY new parts. I may have gotten the only control panel face they had, but you need to take a look or send them an email. Ron
I just purchased some parts from them ('equipmentpartssales' ), I thought they were a bit $$$$, until I got the parts. OEM and they fit perfect. Sometimes you get what you pay for. I will buy more from them, Thanks for the info.
Bob.:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks