• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a a1/k1??

Craig A Tull

OK so it appears that K1 and A1 are the same thing, only A1 has many more wires than the prints show also the prints show things like A1-5/A1-6 AND A1-7/A1-8 as diodes
If the relay is installed it blows CB2 as soon as the run switch is turned but it is not anything to do with K1 marked as A1-3 and A1-4 the contacts that "lock" the run solenoid in operating position as soon as the oil switch closes as I can run the engine fine with a jumper on TB5-7 and TP5-8 and the relay out
So where the heck are those diodes and what are all those leads on A1 connected to??????????
Thanks

Craig A Tull

It seems I have allot of conversations with myself here, not sure if that would be considered normal,,,LOL the diodes are under the "mount" for K1 all part of A1

Craig A Tull

Wow, I just figured out there is an internal diode across the coil of K1 and what would be a perfectly symmetrical relay that could be plugged in ether way can only be installed in one direction or the diode across the coil will short the line to ground tripping cb2, but plugged in correctly the contacts are bad on that side of the relay, shame as if it were not for the diode it could just be turned around...

Craig A Tull

Well some moron actually wired the relay incorrectly switching A1-2 Ground with A1-4, it did fry one side of the contacts, that's why it would start but not continue to run when I got it,now it will start with the relay installed in ether direction but will continue to run only when installed in one direction, I was wrong about the internal diode, it is just when I reversed the relay it would make contact with the set of contacts that had not burned out yet, crystal clear yes??
Now it starts and runs correctly, I disconnected one of the wires from the oil pressure switch and it died as it should, now on to the fire in P9......

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes it helps to converse with yourself. Glad you figured it out, this may help others in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks